Time To Move The Bars And Girls From Pedro Clisante

Big

Apr 24, 2019
another one of our favorite quips is "oh, hotel so and so is not chica friendly", show me a hotel in Sosua that is in business and will will show you a chica friendly property

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
that place was built and open before, they are now trying to brand it as a Marriott property.
It was built and opened as the Ganesvoort, which failed. Then a group of investors renovated and opened it . They did not "try" to brand it as a Marriott property.

Can you not see that the link to The Ocean Club is at marriott.com?

What a pity your points cannot be used there. I used to stay at Marriott Courtyards so often I would go the wrong way to my room since I was now in Boston and not Dallas. Those points? Long expired since I retired 18 years ago. Travel stopped being fun during the week I was in Boston on September 11th and had to make it home to California.

Reactions: CristoRey

Big

Apr 24, 2019
The Ritz Carlton Reserve started construction and was stopped because of environmental issues at La Boca in Cabarete. Perhaps you missed that?
Marriott obviously did not pay off the right people in the current administration, but after that previously very popular area was made off limits for locals and the once popular sea food destination is no longer there.

I am terrible sorry the Ocean Club restricts the use of your Marriott points. What a pity for you.
So in closing, no Ritz Carlton ...just because and the Sosua property is a Marriott property but not really, got it!

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
lol.. you are not a traveler are you? As I indicated before you cant book that place with Marriott points, they don't recognize that property. But its a good fantasy, just like you reporting there was a Ritz Carlton coming to the north coast.
Just because you can't use your points doesn't mean it is not a Marriott property,IT IS. Don't believe anybody on here,go on the Marriott website and see for yourself.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Is that really still a thing?

Sosua was a lot of fun, even if not taking part in the whore mongering, 15 or 20 years ago. Plenty of open air bars and restaurants, the beach was great and thee was a vibrancy I've not seen since. It's been a long time since I've seen a " normal, pretty" girl there on my increasingly infrequent visits, and when the authorities forced businesses to put up walls and enclose the bars I totally lost interest. If not for the beach, a few excellent restaurants and a few remaining friends I would never bother to return.

If they destroy the vibe of the beach I won't even bother to go for longer than a night or 2 to visit friends. There are excellent restaurants to be found all over the island as well as great beaches so no need to bother with Sosua.

Cabarete is no better and I'm not a fan of the beach there or the vibe. Far too many gringos and tourists LOL and inflated costs and prices.

It's strange that Windy who lives in Cabarete steps removed from the picturesque hamlet of La Cienega,
Is always opining about Sosua.
I'd rather listen to Ken who has been ling in Sosua for a long time.
I don't live in Sosua but have been there frequently in the last 14 years.

Whatever gob.do and investors want,
For the moment the changes have turned Sosua into a dilapidated town, run down with little vibe in the one block centre.
Of course there are pockets of upscale residences.
Overall the town is rather unattractive.

Cabarete has a few going houses and gated condos.
If one likes a generic beach with going prices and restaurants ok.
I can eat better quality food for the same prices or less in the developed world.

Reactions: OldSkool and Big

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
another one of our favorite quips is "oh, hotel so and so is not chica friendly", show me a hotel in Sosua that is in business and will will show you a chica friendly property

Big, above is the link to use your points at the Ocean Club in Sosua .

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
OMG they were beautiful, fresh and sweet. Now everyone seems fat. Oh well, I have truly found greener pastures, or is it "Green Acres" LOL :p

I've also gotten a little "thick" :ROFLMAO::eek:;)

If you are looking for somewhat educated and attractive women, you'll have to look in other locals and it helps to speak Spanish.
Generally the North Coast has great scenery and places, but much of it is bottom of the barrel.
One will encounter few educated people, with world experience.

Reactions: Big

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Just because you can't use your points doesn't mean it is not a Marriott property,IT IS. Don't believe anybody on here,go on the Marriott website and see for yourself.
book a room there on a Marriott website and I will pay for it, it aint happening

Big

Apr 24, 2019

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Great love German food. There should be more German restaurants
Some of the best food one will find in German, Swiss and other authentic Euro restaurants.
Food made by the German butchers is also of good quality.
Beats buying American hot dogs.:confused:
El Rancho on Dr. Rosen restaurant also has great food.

Reactions: OldSkool

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
slandering people by a "shut in" how appropriate
If you are not a whoremonger, I apologize.

I very clearly saw a way to use points to book The Ocean Club in Sosua. Maybe just not your points...

Here is the link on how to book The Ocean Club from a Marriott.com site:

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Fat and Greedy.
They can't move them out of site fast enough. Would also be nice to see them pass and enforce some real rules like prohibit beggers, gimps and hanger-ons from harrassing tourist for money. I'm not talking about fruit sellers (who we all buy from) or shoe shine boys just the scum who follow the people around.
It's the DR regular chaos will continue.
Even S. Domingo and Santiago is not much better.

Reactions: CristoRey

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
slandering people by a "shut in" how appropriate

windeguy

Platinum​

You are going to get such pushback from the whoremongers! Those self proclaimed "Saviors of Sosua" for without them Sosua would evaporate, just like it did during the pandemic, eh? Let's see what they say next, shall we?

Windy set the stage in post 354, with his favourite verbiage.
Anyone responding with a different opinion is labeled by him, you must agree with him.

He is trying to pull himself up, by putting others down.
His mental state is stuck in one place unable to move forward.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
It's the DR regular chaos will continue.
Even S. Domingo and Santiago is not much better.
Sosua would be a fantastic little town and I'd spend a lot more time/money up there if they would just clean it up and implement a little zoning.

One of the main reasons I left was because of the changing attitude of both the whores and their clients (you a guest playboy so ack like it). I'm not a fan of grown men who follow around other grown men looking for hand outs either.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Do whoremongers think Sosua would disappear in puff of smoke without them? For sure.

There is a plan to remove the casitas , put buildings on either end for the few remaining businesses and shops and build some condos on the privately owned land behind the beach.

To each their own.

How long has the talk been going on???
15 years?

One day if gob.do decides they will move in with police/army and bulldozers.
Let's see if this will happen before the Winter season, during, or next year after the season, or who knows when.
You seen to get aroused talking about it.
Why not worry about Cabarete and La Cienega, your home turf.

Let's see when developers are willing to put down millions for development.
Usually there is a coldly calculated business plan, or money laundering.

A few casitas in the main "square on the beach before Papito's, someone is constructing a solid multi level structure on the beach.
Someone with an iside connection and assurances for the future, or someone willing to waste money?

Reactions: OldSkool

Big

Apr 24, 2019
call them and ask, you will get the runaround. As I have indicated I am a reg at Marriotts's property in Santo D. Ask them to book a night for you at the Sosua property and you will get a chuckle. It is however a great selling point for the community at large that a Ritz or Marriott property is coming