pressure washer

janlindy

Mar 8, 2011
Looking for a pressure washer --- Cabrera---- Has anyone seen one in a store ???? or has one for sale ????

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Any good deals on reliable pressure washers in Sabaneta? i.e. Linares, Pappaterra, Inoa and Reyes, Llibre?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I need to buy one here in SD as well. I was thinking Amazon but I may just bite the bullet and get a little electric 2000K lb. pressure one and toss it when it breaks.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016

lots of gasoline operated pressure washers

Yep The only caveat I would throw out here is don't buy one used; especially the gasoline ones.

I've had a few pressure washers experiences here, and I've seen how easy it is to screw them up. I'd bet that more than a few of the gas ones have pump problems from not releasing the pressure based on the instructions.

I've seen electric ones used once, put away for a month or so, and when you go to use them again, they're DOA due to being improperly stored.

If you buy a new one (either type) read the instructions veeery carefully and follow them to the letter.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Yep The only caveat I would throw out here is don't buy one used; especially the gasoline ones.

I've had a few pressure washers experiences here, and I've seen how easy it is to screw them up. I'd bet that more than a few of the gas ones have pump problems from not releasing the pressure based on the instructions.

I've seen electric ones used once, put away for a month or so, and when you go to use them again, they're DOA due to being improperly stored.

If you buy a new one (either type) read the instructions veeery carefully and follow them to the letter.
Let me add to the list of "sensitive" pressure washers: 1) the less expensive models (even of good brands) have small print concerning usuage in hours and life span. On line reviews then explain the difference, ie "use it like a professional, every day, say "adios" to that machine.
2) Length and type of electric extension cable can affect usage.
3) Same as #2 above for water supply.
4) Over heating and stopping in heat (Sav. Ga. DR temps are higher).

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
I bought one from Amazon two years ago after doing a lot of research. I bought a Simpson with a Honda motor. Even after paying the shipping and tax it was cheaper than buying a cheap Truper or Karcher that are available on the north coast. I'd rather buy quality than shop local.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I bought a Black & Decker today in jumbo for 6900 pesos. Only 1400 psi bit I dont need more than that