Time To Move The Bars And Girls From Pedro Clisante

Mariahboater

SHIPWRECKED
Aug 7, 2020
Ontario
Ten years is a long time. I bet you were shocked. I remember how things
were back then and I know how things are now.
Last time I was up there, middle of July. I remember thinking to myself
how run down PC and the girls looked. Haven't had the desire to go back since.
You cant make a silk purse out of Sows ear.

Jacquot

Banned
Nov 2, 2021
Mars
For those who are saying Sosua is dead, I got a challenge for you...
Try to book a reservation in a hotel or Air bnb and find out how busy they are.

JJ
I guess it depends upon your timeframe and comfort level but I reached out to 6 hotels and all but one a vacancy and the last one did not respond. I generally choose not to do Airbnb, in the DR at least. n Europe it's totally different and I use it exclusively.

Jacquot

Banned
Nov 2, 2021
Mars
Sosua could be wonderful but while there's a lot of talk by politicians there's very little sensible and concrete action. I'm almost out of reasons to ever return and have no plans to. It's been years.

Reactions: AlaPlaya

Jacquot

Banned
Nov 2, 2021
Mars
The DR is by far the most promiscuous country I've ever been to and I've been to quite a few. Why anyone would come all the way down here to pay these hos (who often behave like animals) is beyond me.
If one were looking for pay-for-play or at least easy to meet, and get into bed with very fast, women then Sosua would be a poor choice. There are certainly better options in the DR and absolutely better choices of other countries. Granted Covid-19 has put all that on hold but historically it's the bargain bin of options. Thankfully I'm not looking for that so I can sit back and observe.

• Haha
Reactions: windeguy

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
Sosua could be wonderful but while there's a lot of talk by politicians there's very little sensible and concrete action. I'm almost out of reasons to ever return and have no plans to. It's been years.
Since you say it's been years since you visited , you wouldn't understand the optimism from us living in the area

• Sad
Reactions: Jacquot

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
It's worse than ever. I'm embarrassed to bring friends and family here now.
I disagree . the girls peddling aggressively on the street on Pedro Clisante is still an eyesore to many, but in many other areas Sosua is improving and getting cleaner.

For example, My garbage at home (en el batey) is now picked up like clockwork , the garbage at our business (en el batey) also.
Thrash cans are more visible and used in more areas than before.
Road signage is better. ( a couple of newly installed traffic lights also that help)
Lighted areas in general are more common and so far maintained well.
The parks better maintained
Restaurants for families are booming with business. (Halloween was packed at nearly all family restaurants)
We had a ball at the Nelson's kids party with our 3 year old.
The schools in the area are top notch, many upper middle class families from POP , Gasper H etc. send their kids to International School of Sosua and in my experience with my son that attended private schools in the US , it's compares favorable to the better ones in The US.
The streets are more walkable and joggable than ever ( I exercise to and from El Batey to Charamicos with less fear of being struck by a moto or car since they have redone the new sidewalks and made them higher)
Many of the beaches are maintained better than before (every morning Playa Alicia has a crew that cleans by 7am)
Very low violent criminal acts in my opinion for a town of this transient population size
A better mix of tourist on the streets , and every day improving

I don't have the time to list many other things that have improved

Jacquot

Banned
Nov 2, 2021
Mars
I disagree . the girls peddling aggressively on the street on Pedro Clisante is still an eyesore to many, but in many other areas Sosua is improving and getting cleaner.

For example, My garbage at home (en el batey) is now picked up like clockwork , the garbage at our business (en el batey) also.
Thrash cans are more visible and used in more areas than before.
Road signage is better. ( a couple of newly installed traffic lights also that help)
Lighted areas in general are more common and so far maintained well.
The parks better maintained
Restaurants for families are booming with business. (Halloween was packed at nearly all family restaurants)
We had a ball at the Nelson's kids party with our 3 year old.
The schools in the area are top notch, many upper middle class families from POP , Gasper H etc. send their kids to International School of Sosua and in my experience with my son that attended private schools in the US , it's compares favorable to the better ones in The US.
The streets are more walkable and joggable than ever ( I exercise to and from El Batey to Charamicos with less fear of being struck by a moto or car since they have redone the new sidewalks and made them higher)
Many of the beaches are maintained better than before (every morning Playa Alicia has a crew that cleans by 7am)
Very low violent criminal acts in my opinion for a town of this transient population size
A better mix of tourist on the streets , and every day improving

I don't have the time to list many other things that have improved
That sounds wonderful, if you live there. For someone on vacation or just visiting it is not so much. That is what I referred to. What type is your business? I like to support good people.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Since we have never met, you would have no idea of what I am capable of understanding.
I don't think the comment by chrisgy had any reflection on your ability to understand. To me it meant that some people in Sosua are optimistic that the government is improving things in Sosua. If someone has not been there in many years, then that person would not be aware of the reason.

While everyone else focuses on one issue on one small part of one street in Sosua, others are hopeful and see signs of improvement. Granted, they are VERY SLOW in coming.

Jacquot

Banned
Nov 2, 2021
Mars
I don't think the comment by chrisgy had any reflection on your ability to understand. To me it meant that some people in Sosua are optimistic that the government is improving things in Sosua. If someone has not been there in many years, then that person would not be aware of the reason.

While everyone else focuses on one issue on one small part of one street in Sosua, others are hopeful and see signs of improvement. Granted, they are VERY SLOW in coming.
The ability to read and comprehend is not specific to geography. Knowing where to look is not either. I would hope that readin DR1 would give some insite that most others would not have.

It sounds to me like you are both saying that I need to be in Sosua to understand and that make no sense.

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
That sounds wonderful, if you live there. For someone on vacation or just visiting it is not so much. That is what I referred to. What type is your business? I like to support good people.
-Many of the improvements impact tourists and visitors also.
-I'm in the retail clothing business

Reactions: Jacquot

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The ability to read and comprehend is not specific to geography. Knowing where to look is not either. I would hope that readin DR1 would give some insite that most others would not have.

It sounds to me like you are both saying that I need to be in Sosua to understand and that make no sense.
While it makes no sense to you it makes PERFECT sense to me you might not have an accurate appraisal of the situation and perhaps also to chrisgy.

If you think you can accurately visualize what is happening here from forum posts, then you have powers far beyond mine.

Reactions: Ken