BREAKING NEWS : Republica Dominicana to remain on the red list for UK travellers.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Wow nice. One question. Impossible for me as Danish with recidencia here and Sinovac vax card ? And another question not related to me. Is it true UK expats that are not vaccinated can’t travel to the UK. I would think you can always travel to your country of origin. You can always repatriate with a test right?

Anyone who arrives, British or other, who doesn't have an approved vaccine given in an approved country can enter but must self-isolate for 10 days following arrival (and they do send inspectors round to check that you are doing this). Nobody who was vaccinated in the DR will count as having an approved vaccine, as DR is not on the list of approved countries. So anyone arriving from DR who was vaccinated in DR will have to follow these rules:

Before you travel to England you must:
Read more about taking a COVID-19 test before you travel to England.

After you arrive in England you must:
You must take the first test on or before day 2 and the second test on or after day 8. The day you arrive is day 0. If your day 2 test is positive you do not have to take a day 8 test.

If you are in England for less than 10 days, you need to quarantine for the time you are here. You need to book day 2 and day 8 PCR tests. You only need to take the tests if you are still in England on those days.

• Wow
Reactions: aarhus

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Anyone who arrives, British or other, who doesn't have an approved vaccine given in an approved country can enter but must self-isolate for 10 days following arrival (and they do send inspectors round to check that you are doing this). Nobody who was vaccinated in the DR will count as having an approved vaccine, as DR is not on the list of approved countries. So anyone arriving from DR who was vaccinated in DR will have to follow these rules:

Before you travel to England you must:
Read more about taking a COVID-19 test before you travel to England.

After you arrive in England you must:
You must take the first test on or before day 2 and the second test on or after day 8. The day you arrive is day 0. If your day 2 test is positive you do not have to take a day 8 test.

If you are in England for less than 10 days, you need to quarantine for the time you are here. You need to book day 2 and day 8 PCR tests. You only need to take the tests if you are still in England on those days.
So basically in the UK with the DR vaccination card you are considered unvaccinated. It sounds complicated and only worth it if you really have to.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
So basically in the UK with the DR vaccination card you are considered unvaccinated. It sounds complicated and only worth it if you really have to.
Agreed but you never have to show your vaccination card anywhere in the UK and there are no mask requirements. So once you're in and have quarantined you're ok

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Agreed but you never have to show your vaccination card anywhere in the UK and there are no mask requirements. So once you're in and have quarantined you're ok
I will have to see and if I go definitely it will be at least a month.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
United Kingdom

UK to add China's Sinovac, India's Covaxin to approved vaccine list​

Reactions: drstock and aarhus

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
United Kingdom

UK to add China's Sinovac, India's Covaxin to approved vaccine list​

They still don't accept any vaccines given in DR doesn't matter which type it is

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
They still don't accept any vaccines given in DR doesn't matter which type it is
Ok I will take my arms down again. So they simply don’t recognize the vaccination program although accept Sinovac.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
If they accept Sinovac (and they do now)...... you're good to go
No matter where you got it

That's how I read it... same policy as the USA... all WHO accepted vax

Reactions: SKY

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
If they accept Sinovac (and they do now)...... you're good to go
No matter where you got it

That's how I read it... same policy as the USA... all WHO accepted vax

No that's not right. They only accept certain vaccines, and they only accept vaccines administered in certain countries. They don't accept any vaccines adminstered in DR.

The page is here:

Jan 9, 2004
No that's not right. They only accept certain vaccines, and they only accept vaccines administered in certain countries. They don't accept any vaccines adminstered in DR.

The page is here:

Click on the updates.

They are now accepting any vaccine approved by the WHO.

This includes the placebo-like Si No Vac.

Lots of international pressures to open the world back up.

Germany and I believe Austria are in a massive fourth wave of new cases. I am not sure how/if that will affect the upcoming high tourist season in the DR.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Click on the updates.

They are now accepting any vaccine approved by the WHO.

This includes the placebo-like Si No Vac.

Lots of international pressures to open the world back up.

Germany and I believe Austria are in a massive fourth wave of new cases. I am not sure how/if that will affect the upcoming high tourist season in the DR.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Still not right, the update says From 4am 22 November 2021, vaccines on the World Health Organization's Emergency Use Listing will be recognised. So as at today the DR vaccines are not recognised. From 22nd November they may be.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Still not right, the update says From 4am 22 November 2021, vaccines on the World Health Organization's Emergency Use Listing will be recognised. So as at today the DR vaccines are not recognised. From 22nd November they may be.
The right hand doesn't appear to know what the left hand is doing. This has been the case since the start of the vaccine drive. Each country has their own set of rules, regulations and level of paranoia when it comes to Covid. I believe this is why they (WHO) have yet to roll out an international vaccine passport and may prevent it from ever happening.

Yes, they may get the airlines to bow at some point in the near future however this still leaves them having to address the issue with their maritime and land borders.

England has really gloomy weather this time of year. If I were looking to travel over there I'd wait until the Spring/ Summer months if given the option.

Jan 9, 2004
Yes it does.

Semantics here. They have agreed to allow Si No Vac and others on the WHO list.........but are using a phase in period.......much like the US did with its new vaccine policies that began November 8th.

So the vaccines are now recognized........with a start date of November 22nd.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Yes it does.

Semantics here. They have agreed to allow Si No Vac and others on the WHO list.........but are using a phase in period.......much like the US did with its new vaccine policies that began November 8th.

So the vaccines are now recognized........with a start date of November 22nd.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Agreed. Sorry I'm not trying to be pedantic, but I just want to be clear so that people understand what they can and can't do.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
The right hand doesn't appear to know what the left hand is doing. This has been the case since the start of the vaccine drive. Each country has their own set of rules, regulations and level of paranoia when it comes to Covid

Well I guess it's kind of inevitable. Each country's experience with Covid has been different, each country has different levels of wealth and resource, and no country likes to be told what to do by another country or by an unelected body. Having a curfew would have been seen as a step too far in the UK and the US, but it was probably the most practical thing to do to limit contact between people in DR.

Reactions: aarhus

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
So, OK, they are now accepting Sinovac, which is great. But maybe I'm being stupid, but I still can't see if the Dominican vax CARD is being accepted. Can anyone confirm?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
So, OK, they are now accepting Sinovac, which is great. But maybe I'm being stupid, but I still can't see if the Dominican vax CARD is being accepted. Can anyone confirm?
I think their have been problems with other countries excepting the DR card as was mentioned by a member in... I'm not sure which thread.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Heathrow traffic

1631891705740.png

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I think their have been problems with other countries excepting the DR card as was mentioned by a member in... I'm not sure which thread.

I think it's correct to say that from November 22nd if you've had Sinovac it will be accepted wherever it has been given in the world. So yes from that date you should be OK.

Reactions: CristoRey

Adrian

Oct 22, 2003
I think it's correct to say that from November 22nd if you've had Sinovac it will be accepted wherever it has been given in the world. So yes from that date you should be OK.

To qualify as fully vaccinated to enter the UK you must have had a full course of an approved vaccine AND proof of full vaccination issued by an approved country. The Dominican Republic is not currently on the list of countries with approved proof of vaccination. Until that changes anyone entering the UK who has been vaccinated in the Dominican Republic will need to follow the rules for not being fully vaccinated. Hopefully that may change soon now that the Dominican Republic has started issuing digital vaccination certificates.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-...d-19#check-if-you-qualify-as-fully-vaccinated