BREAKING NEWS : Republica Dominicana to remain on the red list for UK travellers.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Wow nice. One question. Impossible for me as Danish with recidencia here and Sinovac vax card ? And another question not related to me. Is it true UK expats that are not vaccinated can’t travel to the UK. I would think you can always travel to your country of origin. You can always repatriate with a test right?
I have never seen anything to prevent a citizen from returning home with just a negative test. But then, I don't know the rules in every country.
And they change over time.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I have never seen anything to prevent a citizen from returning home with just a negative test. But then, I don't know the rules in every country.
It certainly seems from the UK Govt. website that EVERYONE entering the UK from the DR, including citizens, currently has to quarantine, with or without a negative test, and the DR vax card doesn't seem to be accepted. I haven't tried it, nor do I know anyone who has. It would be interesting to hear if anyone has first hand knowledge.

• Love
Reactions: jinty05

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
To qualify as fully vaccinated to enter the UK you must have had a full course of an approved vaccine AND proof of full vaccination issued by an approved country. The Dominican Republic is not currently on the list of countries with approved proof of vaccination. Until that changes anyone entering the UK who has been vaccinated in the Dominican Republic will need to follow the rules for not being fully vaccinated. Hopefully that may change soon now that the Dominican Republic has started issuing digital vaccination certificates.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-...d-19#check-if-you-qualify-as-fully-vaccinated

Adrian, with the greatest of respect, we are going round in circles. I quoted the same guidance upthread, but it was pointed out that if you click on the Updates in that link, it says that all WHO approved vaccines will be accepted from November 22nd, so that's why people vaccinated in DR "should" be able to enter without needing to quarantine from that date.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019

Yes, UK citizens have always been allowed home. When DR was on the red list they had to hotel quarantine. Now they just need to provide a PCR test 2 days after arriving if they are fully vaccinated, and if not they have to quarantine at home for 10 days and provide tests at Day 2 and Day 8.

Australia didn't let it's own people back in for months during the pandemic by the way.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
It certainly seems from the UK Govt. website that EVERYONE entering the UK from the DR, including citizens, currently has to quarantine, with or without a negative test, and the DR vax card doesn't seem to be accepted. I haven't tried it, nor do I know anyone who has. It would be interesting to hear if anyone has first hand knowledge.

No that's not correct. Anyone who has been double vaccinated in an approved country doesn't need to quarantine. So if you were double vaccinated in the US or in the UK you are fine.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
, it says that all WHO approved vaccines will be accepted from November 22nd, so that's why people vaccinated in DR "should" be able to enter without needing to quarantine from that date.

There appears to be two issues at play here:

1) Having 2 doses of a WHO approved vaccine. No problem getting those here in the DR
2) Having your vaccine documentation recognized as being valid and accepted by the authorities in the country you are trying to enter.

It may be that the documentation is the problem not the vaccine itself.

Reactions: drstock

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
There appears to be two issues at play here:

1) Having 2 doses of a WHO approved vaccine. No problem getting those here in the DR
2) Having your vaccine documentation recognized as being valid and accepted by the authorities in the country you are trying to enter.

It may be that the documentation is the problem not the vaccine itself.

Ah yes, you may be right. It's definitely the case that at the moment the Dominican vaccination certificate is not accepted in the UK. This "may" change on November 22nd.

The worst case scenario for anyone vaccinated here is that you have to self-isolate in the UK for 10 days on arrival. You can pay for a "test to release" (£99) and can cut it down to 5 days.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I don’t think that will change. You can always go back to your home country with a negative test

Adrian

Oct 22, 2003
Adrian, with the greatest of respect, we are going round in circles. I quoted the same guidance upthread, but it was pointed out that if you click on the Updates in that link, it says that all WHO approved vaccines will be accepted from November 22nd, so that's why people vaccinated in DR "should" be able to enter without needing to quarantine from that date.
Mari
Ah yes, you may be right. It's definitely the case that at the moment the Dominican vaccination certificate is not accepted in the UK. This "may" change on November 22nd.

The worst case scenario for anyone vaccinated here is that you have to self-isolate in the UK for 10 days on arrival. You can pay for a "test to release" (£99) and can cut it down to 5 days.
Yes. There are two criteria that need to be fulfilled. The vaccine needs to be an approved vaccine AND the vaccine certificate needs to be accepted in the UK. For example, if you have had the Pfizer vaccine in the DR, at the moment on entry to the UK you would need to follow the rules for unvaccinated as the vaccine certificate from the DR is currently not approved. Hopefully that will change soon.

Reactions: drstock

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
257241908_2414157568717149_5913936259707791361_n.jpg

Attachments

• 257241908_2414157568717149_5913936259707791361_n.jpg
    257241908_2414157568717149_5913936259707791361_n.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 98