Missionaries Kidnapped in Haiti

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Did Sean Penn do a lot of charity work in Haiti?
Sean and a few of his rich Hollywood friends could easily put together 18 mill and end this.
Its just not that much money,
Yes , he and many others did work but they quit quickly when they found out about the corruption....

Gone like snow in July

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Yes , he and many others did work but they quit quickly when they found out about the corruption....

Gone like snow in July
Have no idea where you would have gotten that information about Sean Penn? -

which

Could Not Be Further from the truth..

Sean Penn actually lived in the tent city with displaced Haitians... an amazing man - who did - and still does - profound and ongoing work for Haitians.

Staff and leadership - https://www.coreresponse.org/staff
1099 tax return - assets - $5.2 million, revenue $6.5 million, expenses $8.1 million

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Must have mixed him in w/ all the other celebs that came/ went fast.....

There was a slew of them.....
that loser is buds with Raul Castro, Fidal, Hugo Cvavez, ElChopo and other losers who destroyed their country. Keep him out of Haiti for goodness sake

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Have no idea where you would have gotten that information about Sean Penn? -

which

Could Not Be Further from the truth..

Sean Penn actually lived in the tent city with displaced Haitians... an amazing man - who did - and still does - profound and ongoing work for Haitians.

Staff and leadership - https://www.coreresponse.org/staff
1099 tax return - assets - $5.2 million, revenue $6.5 million, expenses $8.1 million

Thanks for that Annie. I have always felt that Penn was the real deal. I appreciate the research you did.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
that loser is buds with Raul Castro, Fidal, Hugo Cvavez, ElChopo and other losers who destroyed their country. Keep him out of Haiti for goodness sake
You know - people of all shades of political persuasions can still do good work. Perhaps that has not occurred to you?

Certainly it is true that Penn leans left. But he was NOT a supporter Aristide - which would certainly define a leftist in Haiti.

He was also appointed by Martelly (who could only be described as "to the right" - as Ambassador At Large.

So I do think that Penn ought to be judged for his work in Haiti by the work that he has done in Haiti.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
yea sean penn lived in a tent and i lived in the presidential palace
He did indeed live in a tent

Big

Apr 24, 2019
You know - people of all shades of political persuasions can still do good work. Perhaps that has not occurred to you?

Certainly it is true that Penn leans left. But he was NOT a supporter Aristide - which would certainly define a leftist in Haiti.

He was also appointed by Martelly (who could only be described as "to the right" - as Ambassador At Large.

So I do think that Penn ought to be judged for his work in Haiti by the work that he has done in Haiti.
lol, more amusement, thank you. He has aligned himself with murderers and some of the biggest civil rights violators in the hemisphere. But hey if they stand in line and tow the line they can get a piece of bread. You're right we do travel in different circles.

• Sad
Reactions: Grampa

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013

Nonono, WAS buds with them..... They all were ousted yeeears ago. It has to be true, I read it on dr1 OT. Their time was counted back then.
Ti. ck..... T o c k shakes wrist to get cheapo Seiko working again.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I am seeing a pattern developing:

No Rambo
No payment
A few hostages released periodically.

Will it continue until all are released over the next couple of years?

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I am seeing a pattern developing:

No Rambo
No payment
A few hostages released periodically.

Will it continue until all are released over the next couple of years?
you know I say give them the million dollars, in cash, small bills. The hostage takers will kill each other off in a few days dividing the money, trying to get a bigger cut

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
A Dominican trucker that was kidnapped in Haiti and lasted about a month said that he was given food once a day, the same pasta and white rice day in, day out. I don't blame him if he doesn't want to see pasta for a year. lol

Never thought of the food given to kidnapped hostages and no one expects a five course meal as in a nice redtaurant, but man a little variety doesn't hurt.

Last edited:

Big

Apr 24, 2019
A Dominican trucker that was kidnapped in Haiti and lasted about a month said that he was given food once a day, the same pasta and white rice day in, day out. I don't blame him if he doesn't want to see pasta for a year. lol

Never though of the food given to kidnapped hostages and no one expects a five course meal as in a nice redtaurant, but man a little variety doesn't hurt.
Duck A L'orange with a side of cherry bruschetta, paired with a Pinot Gris would be nice. However in a country where you cant even get a club sandwich pasta sounds like a delicacy

Reactions: mountainannie

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
There have been releases -
Hostage releases
On Saturday December 4, the ex-wife of René Préval, Solange Lafontant kidnapped on the evening of November 25, 2021 was released by her captors. We do not know under what condition.

On Sunday, December 5, the journalist Alexander Galvez kidnapped by the gang "400 mawozo" on November 27, 2021 was released for ransom. The amount of the ransom is not yet known.

Sunday December 5, release of 3 American hostages: https://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-35417-haiti-flash-3-new-american-hostages-released.html

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
from the link posted above from Haiti Libre

Haiti - FLASH : 3 new American hostages released
07/12/2021 07:32:53

Haiti - FLASH : 3 new American hostages released
tr.gif
After the release of 2 of the 16 American hostages on November 21, the "400 mawozo" Gang released 3 other American hostages on the evening of Sunday December 5. Information confirmed on the website of the religious congregation "Christian Aid Ministries" of which the hostages are all members.

However, as during the first 2 releases, "Christian Aid Ministries" assures us that the 3 new hostages released are "safe and sound" but specifies "[...] we are not able to provide the names of the people released, the circumstances of the release or any other detail." Having obviously received instructions from the authorities concerned with the release of the hostages.

Let's recall that on Saturday October 16, 2021, on the road to Ganthier the bus which transported missionaries members of "Christian Aid Ministries”" (1 Canadian and 12 Americans between 18 and 48 years old (5 men and 7 women) and 4 children of 3, 6 , 14 and 15 years old as well as an 8 month old baby) had been kidnapped by armed men of the "400 mawozo" gang https://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-...missionaries-kidnapped-in-port-au-prince.html who subsequently asked $ 1 million per hostage for their release https://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-...for-the-release-of-each-american-hostage.html threatening to kill them if the ransom was not paid https://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-35061-haiti-news-zapping.html

The "400 Mawozo" gang still holds 12 hostages (11 American and 1 Canadian) and continues to demand the payment of a ransom but it also demands the release of an important member of the Gang who is currently incarcerated at the National Penitentiary, this last information was communicated to us by the Center for Analysis and Research on Human Rights (CARDH).