EDENorte North Coast: Electricity Outages & Restoration Announcements

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Has the power been restored to anyone who was affected by today's maintenance outage? Sunset in less than half an hour and I am hoping for some news that edenorte is starting to turn the circuits on again. Thx.

Reactions: Grampa

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Has the power been restored to anyone who was affected by today's maintenance outage? Sunset in less than half an hour and I am hoping for some news that edenorte is starting to turn the circuits on again. Thx.
Not here in Sabaneta, hoping it comes on soon though.

drisforme

May 28, 2016
Still no Electricity at Encuentro...Currently on battery ,can hear generators in the community where I am

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Cdn-Gringo : Can you give us a link or phone No to ring when there are problem with Dominican Electric Transmission Company, You have great info and thanks for yesterdays info.

Olly

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Cdn-Gringo : Can you give us a link or phone No to ring when there are problem with Dominican Electric Transmission Company, You have great info and thanks for yesterdays info.

Olly

For the Puerto Plata area including Sosua you can call 809-261-1844 (more numbers can be found on your edenorte bill) or you can fill in this form online and submit a failure report. Once you fill in the form for the first time, your browser should be able to populate the fields automatically the next time you need it.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
For the Puerto Plata area including Sosua you can call 809-261-1844 (more numbers can be found on your edenorte bill) or you can fill in this form online and submit a failure report. Once you fill in the form for the first time, your browser should be able to populate the fields automatically the next time you need it.

Hi , Yes I am aware of the Edenorte tel nos and process . What I really wanted is where you got Electric Transmission Company, ETED information and a link?

Thanks anyway.

Olly

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Sorry Olly, I misunderstood. The info I copied here was originally posted by Edenorte to their FB account. I have no ETED source.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I just read that power in some parts of Sosua was off overnight and this morning for a total of about 14 hours. . Can anyone confirm?

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Cdn_Gringo . We had several High Voltage Surges during the night on Sosu101. Not sure of the times but one about 9:00 PM and another in the night.

Olly

Reactions: Cdn_Gringo

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
All of Sosu101 is off, quite possibly other circuits as well. There has been a large number of power surges over the past couple of days mostly overnight. No scheduled maintenance so hopefully this will be as short outage and the time will be used to stabilize the delivered voltage.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Power was out in POP for about 4 hours earlier today... Checked Edenorte website, no announcement...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Cdn_Gringo . We had several High Voltage Surges during the night on Sosu101. Not sure of the times but one about 9:00 PM and another in the night.

Olly
Must be from all the preventive maintenance they have been doing. Not sure if the cure is worse than the disease.

Just got back from Santo Domingo. Power did not appear to have been off on CABT102.

Aug 21, 2007
Lights out all night long and still this morning in Jamao. Being solar, we didn't know. Was on battery power. The maid did all the wash yesterday. Kept the Christmas lights lit all night long, and bingo, this morning, the batteries were all used up. Waiting for the sun to rise a little higher and we will be in business again.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Lights out all night long and still this morning in Jamao. Being solar, we didn't know. Was on battery power. The maid did all the wash yesterday. Kept the Christmas lights lit all night long, and bingo, this morning, the batteries were all used up. Waiting for the sun to rise a little higher and we will be in business again.
All those batteries and they didn't even last overnight? Wow. Something seems wrong.

Aug 21, 2007
All those batteries and they didn't even last overnight? Wow. Something seems wrong.

We had no lights all day yesterday. We have tons of Christmas lights up and use them 24 hours a day. The maid ran the washing machine and dryer all day long. We have 3 refrigerators going and a freezer. The batteries are great. We are extremely pleased. It is just that it rained in Jamao yesterday and was cloudy all day. Thus the batteries did not charge as they should. We didn't know the street power was not on until it got dark at night, and even then we did not shut anything off because lately, the outages in Jamao are an hour or less (and we were not aware of the outage previously during the day.) No, the batteries are fine. We just did not use them wisely. Already, the panels are charging and we have electricity again.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
We had no lights all day yesterday. We have tons of Christmas lights up and use them 24 hours a day. The maid ran the washing machine and dryer all day long. We have 3 refrigerators going and a freezer. The batteries are great. We are extremely pleased. It is just that it rained in Jamao yesterday and was cloudy all day. Thus the batteries did not charge as they should. We didn't know the street power was not on until it got dark at night, and even then we did not shut anything off because lately, the outages in Jamao are an hour or less (and we were not aware of the outage previously during the day.) No, the batteries are fine. We just did not use them wisely. Already, the panels are charging and we have electricity again.
Understood.

I installed a little light that is on only when we have street power. Hopefully this situation will not present itself often enough to be an issues for you, but I have found that little light to be useful over the years.

Reactions: LindseyKaufman