Top roof area - 10mtr x 8 metres

Pool house
4 x cement posts only, that elevate the roof which is 4 mtr x 6 mtrs=24m2
Paint roof sunny side
Paint roof underneath as well
Floor doesn't require painting

Two colors white and pastel yellow for home and pool house

Electrical
Price to rewire a home...all electrical sockets wires completely removed and replaced, fuse box etc etc.
Painting 7 doors white

Given i am away i have hired a contractor to organise this for me by obtaining various trades people to complete the work. I accept this may elevate the price which i accept, i just dont want to be gouged

i would value some your ball park figures only, as i have received a quote that has concerned me

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
Hi
I would like to know your opinion on what i should pay to,
Paint a home that is sized;
Ground floor- 12 mtr x 10mtr =120mtr2

Top floor 10mtr x 8 metres

Pool house
Paint roof sunny side

Electrical
Price to rewire a home...all electrical sockets wires completely removed and replaced, fuse box etc etc.
Painting 7 doors white

Given i am away i have hired a contractor to organise this for me by obtaining various trades people to complete the work. I accept this may elevate the price which i accept, i just dont want to be gouged

i would value some your ball park figures only, as i have received a quote that has concerned me
what was your quote?

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Hi
I would like to know your opinion on what i should pay to,
Paint a home that is sized;
Ground floor- 12 mtr x 10mtr =120mtr2

Top floor 10mtr x 8 metres

Pool house
Paint roof sunny side

Electrical
Painting 7 doors white

IMO the quote for the "electrical" part of the job should be expanded. More details in the contract re; how many outlets, wiring for code, repairs of all damage to walls (painter or electrician) permits, who inspects etc.

Reactions: FFF

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
IMO the quote for the "electrical" part of the job should be expanded. More details in the contract re; how many outlets, wiring for code, repairs of all damage to walls (painter or electrician) permits, who inspects etc.
"rewiring" means different things to different people. ie: replacing the outlets, like changing them for brown to white, is not "rewiring". And with you away how will you check that part of the job?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
painting with a good painter should be around 25mil with you buying the paint
Good ballpark number. I paid 20K for a typical 3br/2 bath apartment, which included interior walls and ceiling. No doors or windows.

My guess for jolly roger would be around $35/$40 due to the complexity and variety of things to be painted since it sounds like a two-story building.

Electrical? The description is too vague.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Good ballpark number. I paid 20K for a typical 3br/2 bath apartment, which included interior walls and ceiling. No doors or windows.

My guess for jolly roger would be around $35/$40 due to the complexity and variety of things to be painted since it sounds like a two-story building.

For me with electrical my most concern is finding someone qualified.. here every dick and jane says they are a electrical tech

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Honestly I think you are crazy getting work done when you are away. I have a project manager who supervises all the building work I have done (I own various in the capital) but I still insist I am physically here when anything major is happening. Very often problems arise, people don't turn up, people disappear with materials, etc. etc. The standard of workmanship is usually very low and even if you're using an expat things go wrong.