internet banking with Dominican Banks Which is the easiest or best

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
Which bank has good in line options here for checking balance paying bills etc that you can do online

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
My only experience is with Banco Popular, no complaints! I use them from my laptop as well as with their app
My only complain with Banco Popular is sometimes paying the electric bill with the credit card in the app the transaction get stuck, over the web go smooth, also sometimes in general when you are doing a payment if you get an error do not repeat the process, logout first and then relogin before to try again because you could get an error but the transaction went thru.

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
If an expat has a good mobile account with a bank in their home country, what’s the advantage to having a Dominican account.
I’ve had both of the above. (2 Dominican banks, 2 foreign banks) no complaints against the Dominican banks, just superfluous for me.
I don’t mind paying bills in person here, and lately I’m deciding against using a Dominican bank account altogether.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
If an expat has a good mobile account with a bank in their home country, what’s the advantage to having a Dominican account.
I’ve had both of the above. (2 Dominican banks, 2 foreign banks) no complaints against the Dominican banks, just superfluous for me.
I don’t mind paying bills in person here, and lately I’m deciding against using a Dominican bank account altogether.

And most stuff ( like edenorte ) you can just link a foreign debit/credit card.

I don't use Dominican banks, I can do w/o the aggro.

We do keep an account with Ban Reservas ( I think ), just because. No cards, no movements, no fees, no nothing.

Reactions: Gadfly

AlaPlaya

Frequent Flyer
Jan 7, 2021
Texas
I like Banco Santa Cruz...but I don't use it for paying bills, just monitoring the balance and transfers.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
My only complain with Banco Popular is sometimes paying the electric bill with the credit card in the app the transaction get stuck, over the web go smooth, also sometimes in general when you are doing a payment if you get an error do not repeat the process, logout first and then relogin before to try again because you could get an error but the transaction went thru.
Use TPago on your cel phone. Easy Peasy.

JLSawmam

Sep 8, 2018
Tpago is not a free service.
Although I have the Banco Popular app, I do use tPago for paying Edenorte and Claro. I just find it easier for some reason. tPago is about 60 pesos a month (don't remember) and the bill pay is the same cost as using Popular, For transferring money to other people' bank account, the Popular app or online is the way to go

Reactions: FFF

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Although I have the Banco Popular app, I do use tPago for paying Edenorte and Claro. I just find it easier for some reason. tPago is about 60 pesos a month (don't remember) and the bill pay is the same cost as using Popular, For transferring money to other people' bank account, the Popular app or online is the way to go
Get the Mi Claro app on your phone. You can register a card and get an automatic payment every month without doing anything or paying anything.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I have the online app for BPD, the BPD app on my cel, the Miclaro app on my cel, TPago, and the miclaro website.

But TBH, I don't pay attention to the charges for the use of any of them.

The BPD website is usually my go-to for all payments.

Reactions: Juan Bosch

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
can you use tpago to send people money into their accounts or is it only for paying bills to utilities. I checked the website but it was kind of hard to understand

• Sad
Reactions: Buzzard

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
can you use tpago to send people money into their accounts or is it only for paying bills to utilities. I checked the website but it was kind of hard to understand
Yes, you can.