Hotel close to Olympic Stadium for Aventura concert

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
Looking for any suggestions or recommendations for hotels close to Olympic Stadium in Santo Domingo. I will stay the night so as not to have to drive or park near or at Olympic Stadium. I will Uber from the Hotel so it doesn't have to be walking distance . Thanks

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Embassy Suites or Aladino.

One is a big hotel above Silver Sun Gallery. The other is small though decent modern hotel behind the Honda or Barna Business School. Both in Naco.

Reactions: chrisgy

chicagoan14

Apr 2, 2019
Barcelo is right on the corner.
Looking for any suggestions or recommendations for hotels close to Olympic Stadium in Santo Domingo. I will stay the night so as not to have to drive or park near or at Olympic Stadium. I will Uber from the Hotel so it doesn't have to be walking distance . Thanks

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Also Barcelo Santo Domingo, its the closest that you can go walking. Get a Taxi is very complicated. I think the Courtyard will be open by this month and is located to walking distance.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The closest to the Olympic Stadium is the Aladino. The distance is noticed even more if getting there from the hotel happens to be during rush hour, especially if the OP is going to Uber to the place.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Am I the only one who thinks finding a hotel room for the concert is not going to be easy?

I'd bet most were sold within hours of the concert being announced.

Last edited:
Reactions: chrisgy and cavok

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
Am I the only one who thinks finding a hotel room for the concert is not going to be easy?

I'd bet most were sold within hours of the concert being announced.
Maybe , or there could be many like me procrastinating. I'll find out in a few minutes as I am now going to check the suggestions given

Last edited by a moderator:

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
Embassy Suites or Aladino.

One is a big hotel above Silver Sun Gallery. The other is small though decent modern hotel behind the Honda or Barna Business School. Both in Naco.
Thanks will check both out now

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
Also Barcelo Santo Domingo, its the closest that you can go walking. Get a Taxi is very complicated. I think the Courtyard will be open by this month and is located to walking distance.
Why do you say a taxi will be complicated? I stayed in the Holiday Inn Santo Domingo near Blue Mall a month ago and Uber was very easy.
Is the part of Santo Domingo near the stadium more complicated for UBER or do you say this because of the concert?

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Why do you say a taxi will be complicated? I stayed in the Holiday Inn Santo Domingo near Blue Mall a month ago and Uber was very easy.
Is the part of Santo Domingo near the stadium more complicated for UBER or do you say this because of the concert?
Because of the Concert, imagine 40,000 people getting out at the same time.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Barcelo is a good option. I thought the concert wasn't approved? Maybe old news. You will like the Barcelo.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Check out Hotel Turey and Apartahotel Alvear. Walking distan

Check out Hotel Turey and Apartahotel Alvear. Walking distance.
We have stayed at Turey many times. Nit upscale but close to our objectives while there. We even attended J Beaber
Check out Hotel Turey and Apartahotel Alvear. Walking distance.
Turey. Not upscale but good for location for what we needed. Close food store and Ubereats great. Years ago, listened to J. Bieber concert from our balcony. Not that we wanted to.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
We have stayed at Turey many times. Nit upscale but close to our objectives while there. We even attended J Beaber

Turey. Not upscale but good for location for what we needed. Close food store and Ubereats great. Years ago, listened to J. Bieber concert from our balcony. Not that we wanted to.
Yes, I agree. I've stayed at both Turey and Alvear. Amigos Supermarket(very nice), and Farmacia Carol a short walk away. Fully equipped kitchen. Suited my needs.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Many years ago, we stayed at the Hotel Lina which is now the Barcelo Santo Domingo. Juan Luis Guerra had a concert at Estadio Olimpico and while in the room we good hear it very well. Just thought I would throw some " back in the day " out there.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Many years ago, we stayed at the Hotel Lina which is now the Barcelo Santo Domingo. Juan Luis Guerra had a concert at Estadio Olimpico and while in the room we good hear it very well. Just thought I would throw some " back in the day " out there.
I can’t think of the old Hotel Lina without remembering their paella.

Reactions: keepcoming