internet banking with Dominican Banks Which is the easiest or best

JLSawmam

Sep 8, 2018
Get the Mi Claro app on your phone. You can register a card and get an automatic payment every month without doing anything or paying anything.
I know with tPago and Popular, there i a .015% charge, maybe tied in with ITBIS, haven't really paid attention to that. Pretty small cost for the convenience! MiClaro may do the same, but again, pretty small cost.

JLSawmam

Sep 8, 2018
(ran out of time to edit, so did a copy and paste...sorry!) I know with tPago and Popular, there i a .015% charge, maybe tied in with ITBIS, haven't really paid attention to that. I see that charge on my Popular account when I use tPago to pay bills; I assume it would be the same with other banks too. Pretty small cost for the convenience! MiClaro may do the same, but again, pretty small cost.

Here' a link to more info on tPago. Page 10 may be the most informative, coving the fees for using them. https://tpago.com/welcome-kit-tpago/

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
I know with tPago and Popular, there i a .015% charge, maybe tied in with ITBIS, haven't really paid attention to that. Pretty small cost for the convenience! MiClaro may do the same, but again, pretty small cost.
At Bank Popular the .015% is not a bank fee but a Government Tax (like ITBIS) for electronic transaction. Very cheap and yes very convenient for paying bills.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
At Bank Popular the .015% is not a bank fee but a Government Tax (like ITBIS) for electronic transaction. Very cheap and yes very convenient for paying bills.
I can tell you for a fact that Mi Claro does not charge any fee. Also CEPM in Punta Cana does not charge for online payment. This is a BP fee................

BP would charge for oxygen in their banks if they could get away with it.................

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Definitely Banco Popular for a business. It's easy to pay bills and taxes. And it's easy to send money immediately to any other account in any other bank including in dollars and internationally.

Reactions: Gadfly

JLSawmam

Sep 8, 2018
This is an example from my online account transaction info. Says it is DGII PAGO IMPUESTO 0.15DGII 4 TRANS POR $ 46,055.00 Del 29/10/2021 Al 04/11/2021

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
This is an example from my online account transaction info. Says it is DGII PAGO IMPUESTO 0.15DGII 4 TRANS POR $ 46,055.00 Del 29/10/2021 Al 04/11/2021
Maybe the other places eat this charge, but I can confirm the ones I said DO NOT charge this................And what exactly is DGII PAGO IMPUESTO anyway? Why is this Govt. charge and not BD?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Maybe the other places eat this charge, but I can confirm the ones I said DO NOT charge this................And what exactly is DGII PAGO IMPUESTO anyway? Why is this Govt. charge and not BD?
The bank collects it for the government and they have to do it by law, same as the government tax on interest....etc.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The bank collects it for the government and they have to do it by law, same as the government tax on interest....etc.
OK so I assume if you pay bills directly through a bank you pay. If you pay through Mi Claro or CEPM [Electric} through their apps you pay no tax. That is what I have been doing for years and never paid one peso extra..............

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
OK so I assume if you pay bills directly through a bank you pay. If you pay through Mi Claro or CEPM [Electric} through their apps you pay no tax. That is what I have been doing for years and never paid one peso extra..............
I wasnt talking about paying bills. But receiving money, receiving interest on accts, cashing cheques, paying loan...etc, the government by law gets a little piece. As far as bills like Claro the bank have just started charging a 25 peso commission for each bill you pay through them at the cashier.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I have an account at Banco Lopez . What's the opinion on: If I would go to BP with my passport and proof of that account would I need to provide all the paperwork again that BP asks for to open an account at BP?

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I have an account at Banco Lopez . What's the opinion on: If I would go to BP with my passport and proof of that account would I need to provide all the paperwork again that BP asks for to open an account at BP?
Yes you would. I asked exactly the same question and was told that I would need all the paperwork last week by Banco Popular. I will dig out the sheet of requirements to open an account with them.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Yes you would. I asked exactly the same question and was told that I would need all the paperwork last week by Banco Popular. I will dig out the sheet of requirements to open an account with them.
Thanks. I'm going to to spare myself the misery of dealing with them if that is the case. Twice was enough. Now that I have Banco Lopez with a "dollar" account I am a happy camper.
BTW, Banco Lopez treats their customers with respect.I like that LOL.

Reactions: SKY

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Thanks. I'm going to to spare myself the misery of dealing with them if that is the case. Twice was enough. Now that I have Banco Lopez with a "dollar" account I am a happy camper.
BTW, Banco Lopez treats their customers with respect.I like that LOL.
In Banco Popular you are only a number. Worst bank for any real service............