President Luis Abinader: DR is a sure bet for investors

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Luis-Abinader-2-AMCHAM.webp

“Invest, visit us, support and bet on this country. It is a safe bet. I guarantee it,” said the President. In his address, “DR 2022: Democracy, stability and growth”, he spoke of the opportunities ahead for the country to strengthen its new positioning as the commercial and logistics hub in the Caribbean

President Abinader highlighted the country’s exemplary management of the pandemic, double-digit growth rates, the possibility of investment in the future’s leading sectors, and legal certainty.

He said 64.8% of the target population has been fully vaccinated, which has allowed the reducing of restrictive measures and the relaunching the economy, particularly tourism. He stressed that by the end of this year the Dominican economy will have recovered all the jobs lost during the Covid-19 pandemic and also managed to grow by 11%.

Abinader stressed that the country has cooperation...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: LuzMaria

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Since I moderate this forum, I'll attempt a reply.

When I read posts, as a mod, I look for things that will either advance the discussion or derail it. Too often, political rhetoric causes bickering, personal attacks and other distractions from the original post. That is the reason for the rule - to head off the wrangling and attacking that destroys a thread.

If something related to US politics is mentioned in an impartial way I will wait to see how the responses are written.

On the other hand, sly, snarky or provocative political (US, Canada, or other countries) comments will bring up the delete or delete and ban buttons.

My moderating is about maintaining a civil discussion instead of presiding over a free for all.

Reactions: AlaPlaya

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Since I moderate this forum, I'll attempt a reply.

When I read posts, as a mod, I look for things that will either advance the discussion or derail it. Too often, political rhetoric causes bickering, personal attacks and other distractions from the original post. That is the reason for the rule - to head off the wrangling and attacking that destroys a thread.

If something related to US politics is mentioned in an impartial way I will wait to see how the responses are written.

On the other hand, sly, snarky or provocative political (US, Canada, or other countries) comments will bring up the delete or delete and ban buttons.

My moderating is about maintaining a civil discussion instead of presiding over a free for all.
OK. I'll refrain from posting because I'm not smart enough to figure out that layer of filters and wind up in the banned group.
One example only: Luis says "I guarantee it!". How would I avoid that statement without a drift to political rhetoric or a snide remark, or a comment on XYand Z?
Have no fear I think it's best to follow the TOS here on DR1. That's been working. Paz.

Reactions: LuzMaria