Not open for further replies.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002

AMET active again in Sosúa

It is early December and Christmas is approaching.​

AMET active again in Sosúa​

This means that the traffic police (AMET) is again coming out to stop motorcyclists if they drive around without the license plate and insurance papers. On Tuesday afternoon, December 7, the officers were checking Pedro Clisante near BanReservas and Super Super. The officers were now equipped with fast motorbikes, so the equipment for the AMET is also improving. However, the bike is no longer confiscated (provided the correct proof of ownership can be shown) and the fine can be paid at a local bank.​

Northern Coast Diver

Private Scuba Guide
Feb 23, 2020
Sosua

It is early December and Christmas is approaching.​

AMET active again in Sosúa​

This means that the traffic police (AMET) is again coming out to stop motorcyclists if they drive around without the license plate and insurance papers. On Tuesday afternoon, December 7, the officers were checking Pedro Clisante near BanReservas and Super Super. The officers were now equipped with fast motorbikes, so the equipment for the AMET is also improving. However, the bike is no longer confiscated (provided the correct proof of ownership can be shown) and the fine can be paid at a local bank.​

On Wednesday, AMET was deployed on Highway 5 all around Playero. There was easily a dozen of them! I don't remember ever having that many agents in town before.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Not sure why this is news
They operate the same way across the country on a daily basis.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Not sure why this is news
They operate the same way across the country on a daily basis.
And when it comes to actual traffic infractions that have an effect on safety etc or wrecless driving that would be (imo) the most important part of their job, they are absolutely useless...

It's been in POP local news that people in this province are tired of them as they only work on quincena...

Reactions: anny95

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
And when it comes to actual traffic infractions that have an effect on safety etc or wrecless driving that would be (imo) the most important part of their job, they are absolutely useless...

It's been in POP local news that people in this province are tired of them as they only work on quincena...

Isn't it different this time if you have to pay your fine at the bank? They can't get their fingers on the $, unless they ask for 500 pesos to fugetabutit

Reactions: monfongo

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Isn't it different this time if you have to pay your fine at the bank? They can't get their fingers on the $, unless they ask for 500 pesos to fugetabutit
My British friend couldn't even bribe his way out of a helmet ticket. Next thing you know, they will charge people for offering bribes.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013

Sorry, I'm not referring to how that part of the thing is handled, as I have no idea there, but rather what kind of stuff are they supervising...

If they just stayed at the red lights on highway 5 at Playero, The Carwash and Super Pola and wrote 2000 peso tickets for running the red lights they would get to 500,000 in a day

This above would be a great idea, to actually punish someone whose actions may cause harm to others... I'm not saying motos without helmet or insurance won't, but running a red light or driving like insane, I'd think, are certainly worse...

Reactions: rogerjac

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Of course. They would be insulted if we didn't.

If you pull out some pesos, and they start to smile , of course they will take it .. I have never seen one get upset about being offered Money,
Now Compound that with it being Navidad time ,, Every member of their Family would beat the shit out of them for being that Stupid to refuse money .
ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.