Bus airport Punta Cana to Juan Dolio?????

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
He would first have to take a taxi to the bus terminal in Fruisa which is about 15-20 minutes. It is where Expreso Bavaro is, but he needs the bus to Higuey on his right looking at the ticket counter. Any taxi would know this.

Then he takes the bus to Higuey about 50 minutes. At Higuey he changes to a bus to SD. It is close to where he lands in Higuey. This bus will stop in Juan Dolio. This is the ONLY way to get there without taking a taxi all the way.

Also he cannot take the Expreso Bavaro bus because it will not stop in Juan Dolio and he would end up in SD.

Reactions: LuzMaria

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
A client from me arrive at airport Punta Cana and have to go Juan Dolio. Which bus he need first from which company? And at which places he have to change buses?

One solution could be to take a taxi to the Bavaro Express bus station and ask the driver to drop him off in Juan Dolio. My kid and I do that, except we get the taxi at the resort we're staying at and we get dropped off in Boca Chica where we live. I don't know how much the taxi would cost (the taxi from Riu Palace is 850 pesos. 1000 with tip), but the bus trip is 400 pesos.

I'm sure there will be other suggestions. This is just one of them.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
One solution could be to take a taxi to the Bavaro Express bus station and ask the driver to drop him off in Juan Dolio. My kid and I do that, except we get the taxi at the resort we're staying at and we get dropped off in Boca Chica where we live. I don't know how much the taxi would cost (the taxi from Riu Palace is 850 pesos. 1000 with tip), but the bus trip is 400 pesos.

I'm sure there will be other suggestions. This is just one of them.
Good suggestion but I doubt very much the driver will stop at Juan Dolio for him. Reason is it is different than Boca Chica as you probably know . Also where would he stop? He would never get off the Hwy. to stop. Boca Chica is easy for the bus to stop as you know. But I guess he could ask. But he would waste time as there are tons of bus's leaving for Higuey, but only one every 2 or more hours for SD.