McDonald's in Puerto Plata

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Most Dominican places are very stingy with their coffee, especially considering how relatively cheap it is here. You're lucky to get a 5oz-6oz cup at best. I was at a Santo Domingo Coffee kiosk is Las Galerias Mall in SD about 4 years ago and paid almost $2.50 for a dinky cup of coffee.

I'm paying 10 pesos for a communion cup of coffee when I do buy out, which is rare. They put waaaaaaaay too much sugar in it for me.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Most Dominican places are very stingy with their coffee, especially considering how relatively cheap it is here. You're lucky to get a 5oz-6oz cup at best. I was at a Santo Domingo Coffee kiosk is Las Galerias Mall in SD about 4 years ago and paid almost $2.50 for a dinky cup of coffee.
Dominicans typically drink espresso, hence the smaller yet more potent amounts.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Dominicans typically drink espresso, hence the smaller yet more potent amounts.
That's true, but I'm talking about a cafe con leche. Dominican coffee is a lot richer than American or Colombian coffee, so even a cafe con leche will taste stronger.

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
I’m guessing mid-January. The big new liquor store just opened next door, they were both being built simultaneously, approximately same size buildings. Have you tried Come en Familia?

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
Another fine dining establishment. Have a refil on the soda then kick back and listen to the artries harden.
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em.

• Haha
Reactions: Constanza

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Another fine dining establishment. Have a refil on the soda then kick back and listen to the artries harden.
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em.
Dominican McDonald's are nicer that many in the USA. Just saying... 🙆‍♂️

This is not in Puerto Plata, but the McDonald's that was under construction in SD near the Huacal building/National Police headquarters has been open for a few months. McDonald's is going through an aggressive expansion plan in the DR. Expect waists to widen more in a few years. lol

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
They are missing the boat by not opening a McDonald's or Buffalo Wild Wings in Sosua. Heck even just a drive through McDonald's could clean up.
Think of all the mongers who could grab a chica, grab a couple Big Macs and back to the villa.
Talk about a happy meal

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
They are missing the boat by not opening a McDonald's or Buffalo Wild Wings in Sosua. Heck even just a drive through McDonald's could clean up.
Think of all the mongers who could grab a chica, grab a couple Big Macs and back to the villa.
Talk about a happy meal
I wouldn't mind seeing that, but POP works because they built around the major shopping venues. They're counting on that demographic, plus the cruise tourists when in season. In Sosua they prob couldn't count on meeting the high fixed cost of a major fast food chain with a bunch of perverted old drunk pub-trivia-playing Canadians. Some other demographics such as US black American segment seem to be thinning.

Reactions: thompstr

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Dominican McDonald's are nicer that many in the USA. Just saying... 🙆‍♂️

This is not in Puerto Plata, but the McDonald's that was under construction in SD near the Huacal building/National Police headquarters has been open for a few months. McDonald's is going through an aggressive expansion plan in the DR. Expect waists to widen more in a few years. lol
Not everyone who eats fast food is obese. Not everyone eats it daily.

Adding here, if the grasosa empanadas, chicharrones, frituras, and pica pollos haven't increased obesity in DR, a higher price point, cleaner fast food certainly won't.

Reactions: chico bill

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Not everyone who eats fast food is obese. Not everyone eats it daily.

Adding here, if the grasosa empanadas, chicharrones, frituras, and pica pollos haven't increased obesity in DR, a higher price point, cleaner fast food certainly won't.
Obesity has actually increased, but Dominicans have eaten empanadas, chicharrones, etc forever. What is "new" are all the fast food places (Dominicans and from other countries) popping up everywhere. The average person was very skinny and an overweight woman was seen as desirable, but today being chubby is seen more of the norm than back then or at least doesn't raises eyebrows nor attract attention.

Case in point, I remember when I was a kid it was extremely rare to see a overweight person, except if they had some condition. Now it's common to see women with a not so flat stomach or men with a bulging stomach. Waists are definitely increasing.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Obesity has actually increased, but Dominicans have eaten empanadas, chicharrones, etc forever. What is "new" are all the fast food places (Dominicans and from other countries) popping up everywhere. The average person was very skinny and an overweight woman was seen as desirable, but today being chubby is seen more of the norm than back then or at least doesn't raises eyebrows nor attract attention.

Case in point, I remember when I was a kid it was extremely rare to see a overweight person, except if they had some condition. Now it's common to see women with a not so flat stomach or men with a bulging stomach. Waists are definitely increasing.
a fat woman is seen as desirable, hmmm for who ??

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Big, you know the Dominican men have no shame in their game
stupid1.jpg