Not open for further replies.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Reactions: CristoRey

bonao99

Jun 11, 2005
That doesn't mean that there aren't very well educated and intelligent Dominicans that are experts in all sorts of different fields, including mathematics.
There are at least two doctors graduated from Yale and Harvard advising the government (Heredia, Baez). you need math to go there

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
No argument there. When you can enter med school with basic algebra, we say hmmmmm.
The uneducated do not value education for their children.
Most doctors parents are well educated.
Doctors dont need math, they hire accountants.

A friend of mine paid her daughter in grade six $100 USD for every A. Kid loved those crisp new Benjamins.
Grade B got nothing.
Kid did not get Bs.
Smart parent find out what works with their kids.

Only thing interested me in school was the swim team.
If my grades got bad I lost my eligibility so I did the minimum amount of work to get Bs and Cs.
Never would have gone to college except to swim for another four years and I was lucky enough to get a free ride.
I was lazy as the day is long in class but worked my ass off in the pool and gym.
Motivating kids is complicated

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic

A friend of mine paid her daughter in grade six $100 USD for every A. Kid loved those crisp new Benjamins.
Grade B got nothing.
Kid did not get Bs.

If my grades got bad I lost my eligibility so I did the minimum amount of work to get Bs and Cs.
Never would have gone to college except to swim for another four years and I was lucky enough to get a free ride.
I was lazy as the day is long in class but worked my ass off in the pool and gym.
Lost me. Sounds like you may be buff though. Happy New Year!

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

Grade B got nothing.
Kid did not get Bs.

So is that where Zoomz comes from, or do you own a Mazda? :ROFLMAO:

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I tested positive for covid 19, I am not vaccinated at all.
It feels like one of the worse Flu infection I ever had, never got Flu shots neither.
My body is fighting hard, I will be ok next week.

Feeling a lot better today!

JJ

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I tested positive for covid 19, I am not vaccinated at all.
It feels like one of the worse Flu infection I ever had, never got Flu shots neither.
My body is fighting hard, I will be ok next week.

Feeling a lot better today!

JJ
Glad to hear you are feeling better.
From what I have read so long as you do not develop respiratory distress you are likely to improve.
When the infection moves down into the lungs its the beginning of more serious illness.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Glad to hear you are feeling better.
From what I have read so long as you do not develop respiratory distress you are likely to improve.
When the infection moves down into the lungs its the beginning of more serious illness.
I do have some respiratory distress, I am taking cough medicine benzonatate capsule and home made remedies.
A concentrate of lemon juice, honey, red onions all blended together the concentration of mucositis is being reduced and cough is going away.
Rubitusin too, this a over the counter cough relief medicine.

I feel like I have win another healf battle.

JJ

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I do have some respiratory distress, I am taking cough medicine benzonatate capsule and home made remedies.
A concentrate of lemon juice, honey, red onions all blended together the concentration of mucositis is being reduced and cough is going away.
Rubitusin too, this a over the counter cough relief medicine.

I feel like I have win another healf battle.

JJ
Sounds like you got a handle on it.

Saw on MSM today that they expect the vaccinated to only have "mild symptoms".
They continued on to describe mild as being where you do not call the doctor or go to the er.
If it makes you feel any better you are in the mild category per the doctors definition in spite of not being vaccinated.
I know it does not feel that way but you dodged a bullet.

Reactions: bachata

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

Florida breaks state record for COVID-19 cases again, for 4th time in 7 days​

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — For the fourth time in seven days, the state of Florida has broken its daily COVID-19 new case record.

Numbers reported by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention show a daily caseload of 58,013 on Dec. 29. The previous record, reported as 46,923 on Dec. 28 was also upgraded, now recorded as 52,995. The data put out by the CDC shows Florida has confirmed nearly 4.1 million cases of COVID-19 since the start of the pandemic in 2020

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
What does this have to do with the topic here?.............
What does your posts about Florida's record numbers have to do with the DR? New York's numbers are more relevant since there are a million Dominicans in NY and many of them returning to the DR at this time of year.

Reactions: zoomzx11
Status
Not open for further replies.