Police arrest two accused of Swiss woman’s murder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Esposados-N-Digital-1024x764.jpg

Members of the National Police investigations unit (Dicrim) and the Public Prosecutor’s Office apprehended two Dominicans now accused of allegedly murdering a Swiss citizen. The victim is Rosa Jud, who allegedly died after falling downstairs in her residence located in Cabarete, Puerto Plata. The Police set up the crime to appear that the Swiss woman had died when falling down a staircase in her house and intended to keep her property in Puerto Plata.

However, the Police investigation indicated instead that the woman was the victim of a homicide by her partner William Mejia, better known as Willy, and his accomplice Darwin Polanco, (Chago). These are now held in custody for submitting to justice.

The investigators say that “Willy” and “Chago” are part of a criminal structure dedicated to locating foreigners with properties to create situations so they could then keep the...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
A lot of criminals become lawyers or they become criminals after becoming lawyers.
But this is a familiar game here.
Either played by the Chicas or the Sankies.
I would warn every older woman who 'finds love' with a younger Dominican man, you are just two dollar signs in their eyes
Same for the old men with you chicas, there may be real affection there but likely you are just their Colmado.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 78

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
A lot of criminals become lawyers or they become criminals after becoming lawyers.
But this is a familiar game here.
Either played by the Chicas or the Sankies.
I would warn every older woman who 'finds love' with a younger Dominican man, you are just two dollar signs in their eyes
Same for the old men with you chicas, there may be real affection there but likely you are just their Colmado.
You would think that’s clearly obvious, but there’s no shortage of lonely men and women who really think they’ve found true love. These guys and girls are masters at their game.

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
Dominicans are extremely nationalistic and this is just another proof of that.

Lawyers losing their integrity and siding with criminals just because they are Dominicans like them.

Realize that even the most professional Dominicans will put the interests of their own people first before the interests of any gringo.

Also you as gringo driver better not get into a car accident with a Dominican.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Dominicans are extremely nationalistic and this is just another proof of that.
There is an angle I did not consider! Nationalism as motivation for murder and theft.
Lawyers losing their integrity and siding with criminals just because they are Dominicans like them.
You used the word lawyer and integrity in the same sentence! As if there was integrity to start with.
Realize that even the most professional Dominicans will put the interests of their own people first before the interests of any gringo.
For sure that one did.
Also you as gringo driver better not get into a car accident with a Dominican.
I will have to keep that mind and only accident with gringos.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I am pretty sure I read it here. The love test. Place a few ATM/credit cards (cancelled of course) and a knot of cash with a rubber band around it and place it in a not so obscure place. If it disappears you have your answer. P.S I can give the answer right now, "its the money"

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I am pretty sure I read it here. The love test. Place a few ATM/credit cards (cancelled of course) and a knot of cash with a rubber band around it and place it in a not so obscure place. If it disappears you have your answer. P.S I can give the answer right now, "its the money"

Sometimes you get what you pay for, eh.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
If you wouldn't have a romantic relationship with him/ her in your own country....why would you have one with him here?
Street smarts is an absolute must when living in this country as sooner or later your luck will run out.
Sad reality.
RIP.
Ahhh the PuTa and palm tree dream. 20 years later... ,😭

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
If you wouldn't have a romantic relationship with him/ her in your own country....why would you have one with him here?
Street smarts is an absolute must when living in this country as sooner or later your luck will run out.
Sad reality.
RIP.
I am pretty sure I read it here. The love test. Place a few ATM/credit cards (cancelled of course) and a knot of cash with a rubber band around it and place it in a not so obscure place. If it disappears you have your answer. P.S I can give the answer right now, "its the money, expired credit cards and rubber band?

What is step two when they pass the test and ignore the bait?
Your test would certainly eliminate the out and out dumb belles.

My experience is trust is earned over time.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Reminds me of a good friend of mine who lived many years in the Capital. He tells me that a new girlfriend is getting the " Test" today. He leaves what looks like an uncounted stack of pesos where she can see it and goes out. He knows exactly what is there. When he gets back he checks if she took anything.

So later that night I call him for the result. He says she took it all and left. So I said too bad, he says better than the last one. She took the TV also. True story.

Status
Not open for further replies.