McDonald's in Puerto Plata

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Hilarious stuff.
Is he what is referred to, in social media parlance, as an "infuencer"?
He starts off by saying...I don't eat McDonalds in America. At all. At all.
Mere moments later, as he is scoffing down his fries and Big Mac and licking his lips, he proclaims them to be legit. 100% McDonalds .🍔🍟🥤
No disconnect there.
Hey...
I mean...
It was on You Tube.
Right?
It must be the real deal.

The western world, it is imploding.
Matapasión

Bob Boyd

Feb 3, 2004
I stopped in yesterday, Wednesday 5/1/22. Maybe because they were closed for almost a week, The Big Mac was almost tasteless, (barely any secret sauce) and the fries were soggy) Lots of employees so I assume training and weeding out the losers. The girl at the cash register didn't know how to make change when I gave her 1,025 for a factura of 625.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I stopped in yesterday, Wednesday 5/1/22. Maybe because they were closed for almost a week, The Big Mac was almost tasteless, (barely any secret sauce) and the fries were soggy) Lots of employees so I assume training and weeding out the losers. The girl at the cash register didn't know how to make change when I gave her 1,025 for a factura of 625.
Love and tolerance Bob!

Reactions: Bob Boyd

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
Had no desire to go, this seals the deal. No thx.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
the fact that the cashier couldn't figure out the change is not just at the Golden Arches, its endemic in this country.

I've encountered that hundreds of times. They just automatically reach for a calculator instead of using their head.

Nadie21

Jun 3, 2021
Santa Clarita
You are eating a Dominican hamburger (hahahaha). Lord have mercy on us all. They probably ran out of all that seasoning dominicans think a hamburger should taste like.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Yes math is like Covid in DR, too be avoided.

I often glance at my factura in places and add it in my head before they can use their calculators - I think many here weren't trained on those well either.
Maybe that's why only a few are allowed to handle money and make change (they screen out the inept)

But this is not confined to DR. We are seeing the effects of having cheap calculators and allowing them in schools up north too.
Schools prefer to skip the 3Rs and offer more things like CRT and climate change indoctrination.

So we old crumdgeons are a dying breed - people who can add without batteries required and went to school when they taught real skills.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
As I expected.

Someone suggested they are "Better than in the US" LOL>..

• Sad
Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
When I go to MickyD's, it's a nostalgia thing for me. I order a couple of simple cheeseburgers with extra pickles (no combos) and a large order of fries, and tell them I want freshly fried french fries. K.I.S.S. applies here.

I've never been impressed by a Big Mac.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
...So we old crumdgeons are a dying breed - people who can add without batteries required and went to school when they taught real skills.

Hah.
Not to mention multiply.
I have never forgotten those flash cards back in grade school, the multiplication tables.
Rote learning.
It has served me well over the years, in ways large and small.
All the way up to the twelves...automatic.
All except for that one pesky 6 x 7 or its close relative 7 x 6.
I always have to do a little mental gymnastics for that one.
lol.
Go figure.

• Haha
Reactions: AlaPlaya

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
cash registers at Micky D'S are pretty hard to f### up it's all touch sceen with images ,you tell them what you want they punch it in a bill pops out you give them money they punch it in and wala you have your exact change. no calculating at al.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
cash registers at Micky D'S are pretty hard to f### up it's all touch sceen with images ,you tell them what you want they punch it in a bill pops out you give them money they punch it in and wala you have your exact change. no calculating at al.
And yet they still puck it up, mc'ds as well as other places where they use cash registers

• Sad
Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo