Buy the ticket, take the ride
Jan 28, 2005
They really do need to figure out a shuttle service to the north coast

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
They really do need to figure out a shuttle service to the north coast
No.
The current lack of transportation to the north coast is by design as that would be in direct conflict with their goal which is to fill all of the resorts in the Punta Cana area with as many tourist as possible.
In other words...
They don't just want some of your hard earned cash, they want all of it.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It is all about Punta Cana and their AI resorts. The north coast will continue to languish.
There is no real demand any more for flights to POP.

Reactions: Big

Taylor

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Jan 28, 2005
I guess they is the whoever cares for the tourism on the north coast. But I hear your point, the $$ is in PUJ

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Who is they? The Government does not direct the flight routes for airlines. It is up to the airlines which routes are profitable enough to fly......................

Its obviously the billionaire international travel moguls consortium who control the worlds transportation industry.
Making billions from taking advantage of travelers. Its simply outrageous.

When you have someone to blame it removes you from fault and places you in helpless victim deserves sympathy category.

(ATT, sarcasm alert. )

• Haha
Reactions: It wasn't me

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I guess they is the whoever cares for the tourism on the north coast. But I hear your point, the $$ is in PUJ
They is not the Dominican government at this point it time. It is ALL about AI Tourism in Punta Cana and Cruise Ships. BIG bucks. Really big.

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
Puerto plata has bus loads of cruise tourists spending $$. What a change. It’s booming. Freshly painted buildings etc. Yesterday 2 huge cruceros docked in “Taino bay”