Dr. Rivera: Think twice before testing

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Filas-para-Pruebas-de-Covid-El-Caribe-e1642078325424.jpg

Public Health Minister Daniel Rivera recommended that those who do not have symptoms do not undergo testing for Covid-19, as reported in Diario Libre. The tests are available at free testing centers in public entities (hospitals, sports facilities, government offices), but there are long queues. Tests are discouraged because people could catch the virus when gathering with others that are infected and seek the test.

Dr. Rivera asked the people to be rational. He said employers do not need to request a negative test to those who have tested positive and stayed at home. He discouraged people going for follow-up tests. The Ministry of Public Health says that those who test positive should recover and return to work after a week. Dr. Rivera criticized that there have been cases of people being tested up to two or three times a week.

Currently the country...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

danely18

Feb 22, 2018
Yep....makes complete sense to me too. I've wondered about the logic of people all bunched together waiting to get tests...there isn't any.

Reactions: cavok

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I flew to Virginia 2 weeks ago and while sitting in my favorite restaurant sipping a Cabernet while enjoying some charcuterie I looked out of the large floor to ceiling window and was amazed at the 3 blocks long line waiting for a covid test. Had to be a minimum of 2 hour wait. It was better than a floor show at a dinner theater.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I see those lines on the news and just shake my head. How can people be that stupid?
Now, now....
We don't want to offend anybody.
Last thing we need are the mods stepping in to close down another Covid related thread. I think were currently at six, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: NanSanPedro

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Now, now....
We don't want to offend anybody.
Last thing we need are the mods stepping in to close down another Covid related thread. I think were currently at six, lol.
covid related probably much more than 6. add in the school threads, the delayed flights threads, tpheturisim ones, get the picture.....it seems everything is now covid related

• Wow
Reactions: CristoRey