Omicron Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
With Omicron and gripe running rampant yet being overcome just like annual flu viruses and also with a trend towards reversing mandates elsewhere in the world might Abinader relax his Covid vaccine mandates for public buildings?

Could DR courts reverse some Vax-pass requirements? Are there any legal challenges ongoing to vaccine requirements in DR.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
So calling me and other people clowns....hmmm, kind of lowbrow of you. It isn't me being right or wrong. I just pasted on an article that bring up the point that many fully vaccinated people in Australia ( NSW) an area where I actually have friends and family are hospitalized with covid.
And I brought up the point that you do not dispute. That if 3 our of 4 or more people are vaccinated then 3 out of 4 of the people that are hospitalized should be vaccinated. Which only 50.3 percent are. So Vaccines DO WORK..................

Reactions: Lucifer

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
And I brought up the point that you do not dispute. That if 3 our of 4 or more people are vaccinated then 3 out of 4 of the people that are hospitalized should be vaccinated. Which only 50.3 percent are. So Vaccines DO WORK..................
Nobody is saying vaccinations don't work, they are saying they don't work very well ( or as well as advertised) Your numbers are off. https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/vaccine/Pages/default.aspx
I am not sure why you are trying to pick an argument about this? Certainly the vaccines aren't protecting against the latest variant very well.

Reactions: jd426

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Nobody is saying vaccinations don't work, they are saying they don't work very well ( or as well as advertised) Your numbers are off. https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/vaccine/Pages/default.aspx
I am not sure why you are trying to pick an argument about this? Certainly the vaccines aren't protecting against the latest variant very well.
In the DR there has not been ONE death the past several days. They are working. against the new strain. There job is to keep you alive, not stop the spread.....................\

And by the way Bob, did you get your Fourth shot yet as you said you would?

• Haha
Reactions: jd426 and JD Jones

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
In the DR there has not been ONE death the past several days. They are working. against the new strain. There job is to keep you alive, not stop the spread.....................\

Not yet, next week. I am too busy this week and my six months is the 21st. Their job is both to save lives and stop the spread. The new strain is mild and almost nobody including the unvaccinated are dying from it.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Not yet, next week. I am too busy this week and my six months is the 21st. Their job is both to save lives and stop the spread. The new strain is mild and almost nobody including the unvaccinated are dying from it.
Bob, what is your fourth going to be? Sinovac? Pfizer?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

‘It’s starting to go into my lungs’: Unvaxxed Glenn Beck says he has Covid-19 again​

Beck said the antibody treatment “doesn’t seem to be working” in his case, but he added that he is taking Ivermectin, an anti parasite drug popular in right-wing, anti-vaccine circles that has no proven effect against Covid-19.

• Haha
Reactions: jd426

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Bob I am sure you are good at math. If 75 percent of the population is vaccinated and 25 percent not vaccinated then there are 3 times more vaccinated people than not vaccinated. So for you to be right there has to be more than 3 times vaccinated people in the hospital than not vaccinated............I know this will go over yours and the rest of the clowns head..............
That was a bad thing to say. Just sayin'...

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Year 3 into CV19, the irony of this should not be lost on anyone:

Don't worry one of our esteemed posters {in his own mind] said Covid would be completely gone by May of this year...........

Reactions: Lucifer

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Don't worry one of our esteemed posters {in his own mind] said Covid would be completely gone by May of this year...........
CV19 is here there and everywhere to stay. Endemic 'as of Feb 1' thanks to Omicron and other current and yet to be variants.
Endemic, of course, means time to move on in government speak. Mexico and the DR seem to have almost, but not quite fully, moved on.

The irony of Hong Kong shutting off flights is simply racist. 😇 One of the few examples that exist of what goes around comes around.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Bob, what is your fourth going to be? Sinovac? Pfizer?
I am undecided. I have two sinovac and one Pfizer, right now but since I have had a quadruple pass, have HBP, and have no pericardium surrounding my heart I could be susceptible to heart inflammation than the average person. My 88 year old mothers has had a Pfizer booster ( half a normal shot) in Canada with no effects, but she is very healthy.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I am undecided. I have two sinovac and one Pfizer, right now but since I have had a quadruple pass, have HBP, and have no pericardium surrounding my heart I could be susceptible to heart inflammation than the average person. My 88 year old mothers has had a Pfizer booster ( half a normal shot) in Canada with no effects, but she is very healthy.
Why not ask a Cardiologist? Just don't look for any help here................

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I think it's best to call a stop to playing Russian Roulette with potential heart failure unless you have to return to Canada and God only knows what the Vax crazy Govt will demand

• Wow
Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
For all intents and purposes it is gone now. Bars open normally and restaurants and no masks in sight, no social distancing and people enjoying themselves.
The normals have moved on.
Omicron doesn't frighten anyone but the doomsday prognosticators

• Love
Reactions: Big and jd426

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
For all intents and purposes it is gone now. Bars open normally and restaurants and no masks in sight, no social distancing and people enjoying themselves.
The normals have moved on.
Omicron doesn't frighten anyone but the doomsday prognosticators
And the reason for all this? VACCINES.......... But all over? Try and go to your home country without a Covid test within one day. Or people that need to be vaccinated to travel. Or hospitals that are full of Covid patients. All over,I wish it was true.......................

• Haha
Reactions: dubld23 and jd426

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

I am still undecided if I'll get the fourth, but if I do, it will be Sinovac. I don't remember where I saw it, but I read the Sinovac 4th shot give a major increase in protection. (I'm sure somebody here knows where it was)

My 3rd shot was Pfizer, and I had some health problems shortly afterward so I'm going to avoid another out of an excess of caution.

Jan 9, 2004

You are correct that there has not been ONE death in the past several days;

7-deaths-7174-new-covid-cases/

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You are correct that there has not been ONE death in the past several days;

7-deaths-7174-new-covid-cases/

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

COVID-19 January 13, 2022 | 11:32 am

Public Health reports 5,953 new COVID cases; zero deaths again​

Santo Domingo .- The Ministry of Public Health reported Thursday 5,953 cases of COVID-19 in the last 24 hours, with zero deaths, while the daily positivity continues with an astronomical 38.46%, mainly driven by the presence of the omicron variant.

This also from your source. One day earlier. So one day later with no deaths reported in 24 hours you explain it.........

Status
Not open for further replies.