W Ocean Club Marriott in Cabarete , its Big

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The Marriott people appear to be finally restarting work on the W club in Cabarete.
The signs indicate 2024 for the opening. It is a BIG project on the beach in Cabarete across
from Hotel Kaoba.

After lunch at "The Chinese Restaurant" in Cabarete and walking back to our car,
I was a working cleaning up the "door" to let vehicles back onto that large area.

The BIG question is : Will Big finally be able to use his Marriott points here on the north coast?
Only time will tell. Maybe that will happen before he an use them at The Ocean Club in Sosua.

Can anyone confirm this will finally happen?

Attachments

• WClubCabarete.jpg
    WClubCabarete.jpg
    993.2 KB · Views: 213
Reactions: Big

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Well windy I am spending less time on the North coast. Santo Domingo has been getting my $$, the food is so much better and the pool at the JW is better than the rocky Sosua beach.(the toe stubbers on the west end) If I need to get my salt water on, B.C is hop skip and jump away although not my fav.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
The Marriott people appear to be finally restarting work on the W club in Cabarete.
The signs indicate 2024 for the opening. It is a BIG project on the beach in Cabarete across
from Hotel Kaoba.

After lunch at "The Chinese Restaurant" in Cabarete and walking back to our car,
I was a working cleaning up the "door" to let vehicles back onto that large area.

The BIG question is : Will Big finally be able to use his Marriott points here on the north coast?
Only time will tell. Maybe that will happen before he an use them at The Ocean Club in Sosua.

Can anyone confirm this will finally happen?
the sign says "La Boca" lol, we wont live that long

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
the sign says "La Boca" lol, we wont live that long
This isn't about La Boca.

The wall of signs is where Mariott bought the land on Cabarete beach across from Kaoba hotel years ago now for a W. There should be no environmental restrictions there like were called into play when they tried to build a Ritz Carlton Reserve at La Boca regarding the mangroves and were finally blocked by Medio Ambiente.

This is the first time I have seen any activity there in a couple of years. Just asking for confirmation if you will eventually be able to use your points there.
One lone worker cleaning up that gate does not a W make and it could just be an aberration. If it opens and you don't care to visit, I am sure that disappointed they will be.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete

The wall of signs is where Mariott bought the land on Cabarete beach across from Kaoba hotel years ago now for a W. There should be no environmental restrictions there like were called into play when they tried to build a Ritz Carlton Reserve at La Boca regarding the mangroves and were finally blocked by Medio Ambiente.

This is the first time I have seen any activity there in a couple of years. Just asking for confirmation if you will eventually be able to use your points there.
One lone worker cleaning up that gate does not a W make and it could just be an aberration. If it opens and you don't care to visit, I am sure that disappointed they will be.
The signs have only gone up in the last few days, so it's a little more than just one worker. I think it's serious.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The signs have only gone up in the last few days, so it's a little more than just one worker. I think it's serious.
I do as well, but some feel there won't be Marriott related properties like a W in Cabarete. I disagree with respect to the W in particular.

Big

Apr 24, 2019

Ok angry man!! The Marriott will probably open and be booked faster than you can say Sosua. Darn shame Marriott doesn't have the money to put up accurate signage. "La Boca Ritz" lol, that's like a on going joke in Cab.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Ok angry man!! The Marriott will probably open and be booked faster than you can say Sosua. Darn shame Marriott doesn't have the money to put up accurate signage. "La Boca Ritz" lol, that's like a on going joke in Cab.
I am not angry in the least. You clearly have no idea on that.

They probably told the DR printer to revise the signage, but you know how that goes here.
Or the signs may have been created before Medio Ambients blocked the Ritz Carlton Reserve project at La Boca
and the only just put them up.

Will they make a 2024 opening for the W so you can use your Marriott points? I have no idea.

Some people, will never get over the lack of a Ritz Carlton Reverve, but there is already an Ocean Club built in Sosua and it appears there will be a W in Cabarete, Like Meatloaf once sang, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Big

Apr 24, 2019

They probably told the DR printer to revise the signage, but you know how that goes here.
Or the signs may have been created before Medio Ambients blocked the Ritz Carlton Reserve project at La Boca

Will they make a 2024 opening for the W so you can use your Marriott points? I have no idea.

Some people, will never get over the lack of a Ritz Carlton Reverve, but there is already an Ocean Club built in Sosua and it appears there will be a W in Cabarete, Like Meatloaf once sang, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
Is the Ocean Club in Sosua open ?? Can I book a room there? Do you think there will a Marriott in Cab? lol. Is there a reason the real estate prices in Cab are dropping ?

Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Is the Ocean Club in Sosua open ?? Can I book a room there? Do you think there will a Marriott in Cab? lol. Is there a reason the real estate prices in Cab are dropping ?
Soon Cab will just consist of a ballfield, a bypass and apparently a place called Mojito bar where any Jersey Shore fan can get 2 for 1 happy hour if you can endure the smell of caked on yeast and body odor

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete

The are probably 20 new posters up now and there are still bare metal panels where I'm sure more will be placed. One does say "La Boca" on it, but another has "W Cabarete". The new posters in front of the "W" property are obviously meant to promote the "W" in Cabarete.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Is the Ocean Club in Sosua open ??

Yes, according to a call I just made to the Marriott hotels toll free number: 888-236-2427. The Ocean Club is open according to the booking agent I spoke with.
Can I book a room there?
Yes, I just called and could spend tonight there for a super special price of just $926 USD for a 2 bedroom suite with King sized beds and an ocean view.

And I think you said you would buy me a night there, eh?

Do you think there will a Marriott in Cab? lol. Is there a reason the real estate prices in Cab are dropping ?
Yes, But it is called a W Club in Cabarete with a projected date of sometime in 2024.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Real estate prices here in Cabarete are going up(?). Finally.

Reactions: drstock

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
If I am not mistaken with the Ocean Club, aren't there also condos which are for sale?

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Yes, according to a call I just made to the Marriott hotels toll free number: 888-236-2427. The Ocean Club is open according to the booking agent I spoke with.

Yes, I just called and could spend tonight there for a super special price of just $926 USD for a 2 bedroom suite with King sized beds and an ocean view.

And I think you said you would buy me a night there, eh?

Yes, But it is called a W Club in Cabarete with a projected date of sometime in 2024.
Lol , yeah OK