Cruise Ships Bring Business To North Coast

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002

Puerto Plata welcomes cruise ships

On 15 December last year, the cruise ship jetty in the port of Puerto Plata was festively inaugurated by President Luis Abinader.​

Cruise ship tourists

Cruise ship tourists​

The new port is called Taino Bay and is actually the second cruise ship port of Puerto Plata. 10 km away is Amber Cove, the other cruise ship port. In the first week of January, two cruise ships have already docked in the new port. At the same time, two cruise ships also arrived at the other location, Amber Cove. There are already complaints that there is a major shortage of restaurant capacity. Does Sosúa also benefit from this? A Catamaran on the beach of Sosúa has already been seen with cruise ship tourists from Puerto Plata, so Sosúa will also benefit from it.​

Reactions: cavok and JD Jones

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Now Puerto Plata to be Port of Destination in place of Puerto Rico because of Covid

Reactions: JD Jones

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Probably because everybody on board is sick.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I suspect a few percent of those on board were sick, causing a CV19 condition sufficient to cancel.
Very far from everyone on board.
I mentioned before I have a friend who works on a MSC ship told me a couple of weeks ago that practically everyone on the ship had COVID.

But I agree, gotta take that with a grain of salt.

Reactions: chico bill

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I mentioned before I have a friend who works on a MSC ship told me a couple of weeks ago that practically everyone on the ship had COVID.

But I agree, gotta take that with a grain of salt.
They should test only people with symptoms.
Covid percentages would fall drastically
Let everyone catch it. It is not the death sentence many want us to believe it is
It has become the common flu

• Sad
Reactions: drstock