Your electricity bill will go up this month

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
For the last two months I have not received bills from Edenorte. I just have to guess before I go to pay. Maybe they don't dare to show me the awful truth!

Reactions: Olly

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
For the last two months I have not received bills from Edenorte. I just have to guess before I go to pay. Maybe they don't dare to show me the awful truth!
They also have the App for Android.... Shows the amount owed almost immediately after the cutoff without fail...

Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I tried telling them that once. They told me it's my responsibility to keep track of paying my bills on time. Whether I receive a bill or not has nothing to do with it. There's a hundred possible reasons why your bill doesn't get to you but it's not their problem.

• Haha
Reactions: windeguy

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
We are in the same boat with EDEESte. Close to a year ago they came to shut off luz because we hadn't paid. Hadn't gotten a bill. Because we're renters and the homeowner is now dead, we will never be able to get online. So I just send my kid out with 2k pesos between the 1st and 5th of each month. It seems to work ok for now.

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
We are in the same boat with EDEESte. Close to a year ago they came to shut off luz because we hadn't paid. Hadn't gotten a bill. Because we're renters and the homeowner is now dead, we will never be able to get online. So I just send my kid out with 2k pesos between the 1st and 5th of each month. It seems to work ok for now.
If you have the contract number you can pay online with bank popular, does not matter at whos name. If you bank with BPD you can register as a payment and every month you can see the amount due. (same with Claro).

Reactions: NanSanPedro

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Not for nuttin NSP but go get a print off from the local office anytime in your cycle. I used to send a moto guy to go get a bill when they didn't come to the house. All u need is your contract number. Also for oficina virtual you just need the name of the account holder and the contract number i think. It's been a while since i have the account so i can't recall if they asked for a cedula. I'd put in anything... Sure makes life easier.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
If you know the acct number the amount owed will show when they input the acct number.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Why don't you create an account at oficina virtual?
That would normally be the answer, but I have seven apartments with individual accounts, so it seems I have to have seven different passwords etc. So I just go to the office with my account numbers and a little more than I estimate and pay what they tell me.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
That would normally be the answer, but I have seven apartments with individual accounts, so it seems I have to have seven different passwords etc. So I just go to the office with my account numbers and a little more than I estimate and pay what they tell me.
You really need to set all of them up on your bank account. Pay with the click of your mouse.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Actually Stock you sign up once, then add each contract. It's one account and you see all your meters. It's very handy if you take the time. You get all the historical etc and options to pay. When you log in you'll see all your contract numbers and can drill down as you wish

Reactions: malko and windeguy

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Actually Stock you sign up once, then add each contract. It's one account and you see all your meters. It's very handy if you take the time. You get all the historical etc and options to pay. When you log in you'll see all your contract numbers and can drill down as you wish
Thanks - I'll look into that too!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
For those who say their bills went down:

The point is we are all are paying a bit more for less electricity because the rates went up.
No matter how much you used. Only because you used less than that increment is the reason for paying less on any given bill.

Good advice given to set up the accounts on line. It is the only way we get bills most months.
I don't expect that to get better even with private entities talking over from the EDE's.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Thanks - I'll look into that too!

Here's what it looks like in Banco Popular. Incredibly simple to pay:
example.jpg

Reactions: drstock

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
THANKS to this thread I now have account access on their website, I can see the bills, BUT neither the android APP or the website shows a positive balance. Since my bill is only about 400 pesos per month most of the year, it's much easier just to put 5000 or more pesos on the account and not worry about it till I return.

Does the website allow to pay with a US credit card?

Thanks again

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
THANKS to this thread I now have account access on their website, I can see the bills, BUT neither the android APP or the website shows a positive balance. Since my bill is only about 400 pesos per month most of the year, it's much easier just to put 5000 or more pesos on the account and not worry about it till I return.

Does the website allow to pay with a US credit card?

Thanks again

I've never tried to overpay, but as you see in my picture, I can pay any amount I want. I'm going to try and see what happens.

Reactions: Luperon

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
My experience is they only take Dominican bank accounts to pay on line. I get my bill by email. It did go up about rd$100. I usually pay at the bank. Pay all the bills including rent once a.month. Withdraw from my USA bank using the bank teller. Pay the bills and make sure I have enough cash left over for the basic cash needs for the.month.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I tried to pay more like i used to do in USA and they told me it can only be done in the electric office. I never tried it.
It's called "anticipada".
Using any other word(s) will just confuse them.

I pay anticipada in their office to cover months in advance so I don't have to worry about paying every month.
I keep track on an Excel spreadsheet I created.

EdeNorte DOES NOT show your prepaid remaining balance, thus the reason for my Excel spreadsheet.

WORD OF WARNING:

Paying in advance DOES NOT cover any bill already created and not paid yet.
It only covers future bills, their programing sucks.

So if you decide to pre-pay, make sure you pay any outstanding bill.

Reactions: JD Jones