Crypto Debit Card

potus

Dec 27, 2015
Good day......I am active in the finance world and found some of the Debit Card offers from some of the Crypto Banks very attractive. Especially Crypto.com offers huge benefits. But, unfortunately the Dominican Republic is excluded from many offerings.
Would anyone now a Crypto firm that would offer Debit Cards also in the Dominican Republic?

Thank you.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Good day......I am active in the finance world and found some of the Debit Card offers from some of the Crypto Banks very attractive. Especially Crypto.com offers huge benefits. But, unfortunately the Dominican Republic is excluded from many offerings.
Would anyone now a Crypto firm that would offer Debit Cards also in the Dominican Republic?

Thank you.
Perhaps someone working with the new Bitcoin Office (see DR1 thread) in Cabarete can point you in the right direction. I've not yet heard of any firms/banks in the DR offering this service.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013

Thank you.

Not to sure what you mean by " offer in the DR ".
All of the crypto on-ramps require KYC. And some may also want your tax number. I just use my european passport.

as for crypto.com, i signed up using foreign passport, DR phone number, all while in the DR.
I use their card for most things here in the DR, and it works just fine.

potus

Dec 27, 2015
Not to sure what you mean by " offer in the DR ".
All of the crypto on-ramps require KYC. And some may also want your tax number. I just use my european passport.

as for crypto.com, i signed up using foreign passport, DR phone number, all while in the DR.
I use their card for most things here in the DR, and it works just fine.
OK...that sounds interesting....where have they send the card to? They told me they can not send Cards to the Dominican Republic.

malko

Jan 12, 2013
OK...that sounds interesting....where have they send the card to? They told me they can not send Cards to the Dominican Republic.

yeah, i got it sent to an address back in europe.
Back in those days there was no virtual cards available, nowadays there is, so one can start using that.

potus

Dec 27, 2015
yeah, i got it sent to an address back in europe.
Back in those days there was no virtual cards available, nowadays there is, so one can start using that.
Yup...that is what I thought....they do not send to the DR......

malko

Jan 12, 2013

only south american country that is supported is Brazil-- i think-- and that is very recent.
Fingers crossed they roll out the rest of south america sometime soon.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Use a freight forwarding service like EPS with a Miami address, EZ PZ.
It gets mailed to a Miami address and sent to your local EPS office in RD.

Reactions: malko

malko

Jan 12, 2013

And, if possible, register a phone number from your home country.
I had some 'splaining to do when that number was needed and i was back in europe ( so no access to DR number ).

potus

Dec 27, 2015
Yes, that would be very simple.......but does not work like that....all will be confirmed, including your tel #.

potus

Dec 27, 2015
And, if possible, register a phone number from your home country.
I had some 'splaining to do when that number was needed and i was back in europe ( so no access to DR number ).
Yes, or in the USA....but I have to be very careful......I can not do anything even remotely funny......