PCR test Sosua/Cabarete

Taylor

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Jan 28, 2005
So the lab across the street from Playero - Laboratorio Clinico Puerto Plata - (ph 809.586.3030 ) don't have any PCR tests available today. I asked about tomorrow and they told me to call and check tomorrow.

Does anyone know of another place that offers them?

Do we know of a place that offers them on Sundays?

Harleyssuck

Jul 24, 2014
Great. Are they going to have shortages in the DR like Canada and the USA now. I really want to come to POP but if this is the start of test shortages I will not take a chance until Turdeau drops the testing requirement 72 hours prior to take off

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
So the lab across the street from Playero - Laboratorio Clinico Puerto Plata - (ph 809.586.3030 ) don't have any PCR tests available today. I asked about tomorrow and they told me to call and check tomorrow.

The number (809.586.3030) connects to their main lab (on Beller) in Puerto Plata which is where all PCR samples are sent to for testing. The Sosua lab can only give the Antigen results. As far as any other labs in Sosua for a PCR result, the answer is there is no one else that I have heard of. However , there maybe a lab in Cabarete next to the Banca Santa Cruz (several doors to the left) which you might want to try.

In Puerto Plata, I have been told that these 2 facilities also can provide the PCR testing results....

1. LABORATORIO REFERENCIA, Phone: +1 809-261-8181 PCR test: RD$ 4,300
https://www.labreferencia.com/covid/
Monday to Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Saturdays: 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Sunday: 7:00 a.m. at 1:00 p.m.

2. CENTRO MÉDICO BOURNIGAL
Address: Calle Antera Mota 138, Puerto Plata 57000
Phone: +1 809-586-2342
Hours: Open 24 hours

Reactions: Taylor

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Great. Are they going to have shortages in the DR like Canada and the USA now. I really want to come to POP but if this is the start of test shortages I will not take a chance until Turdeau drops the testing requirement 72 hours prior to take off
I thought the DR would be in a great position going into the new year after this press release one month ago.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
The number (809.586.3030) connects to their main lab (on Beller) in Puerto Plata which is where all PCR samples are sent to for testing. The Sosua lab can only give the Antigen results. As far as any other labs in Sosua for a PCR result, the answer is there is no one else that I have heard of. However , there maybe a lab in Cabarete next to the Banca Santa Cruz (several doors to the left) which you might want to try.
Give them a call first as they may not do the PCR testing.
Diagnostico Medico Dra. Mayans
Phone: +1 809-571-0861
Hours....Not sure if they are open on a Sunday

• Love
Reactions: Taylor

Tug7777

Mar 17, 2018

Tug7777

Mar 17, 2018
Got a test at labitorio clinico last sunday ,rapid test for 24 hour test pre flight results in 2 hours,, there located in a small plaza past Bailies ,near the bank ! Sosua

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Got a test at labitorio clinico last sunday ,rapid test for 24 hour test pre flight results in 2 hours,, there located in a small plaza past Bailies ,near the bank ! Sosua
Rapid antigen tests are not acceptable for entry into Canada. Passengers arriving without the correct test are subject to quarantine and punitive fines of $5000.00 or more.

Harleyssuck

Jul 24, 2014
Rapid antigen tests are not acceptable for entry into Canada. Passengers arriving without the correct test are subject to quarantine and punitive fines of $5000.00 or more.
You will not leave the country without a proper PCR test. The airline will not let you board without

Reactions: windeguy

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I've heard that the lab across from Playero now has PCR test available again.

Jun 21, 2021
Cabarete
Dr. Mayans clinic in Plaza Ocean One does PCR testing daily before noon with results in 24hrs for US$100 or you can go to the Ayuntamiento in Sosua for daily free PCR testing with results in 3 days.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
No pcr tests today in sosua FYI
I heard that POP labs in Sosua has run out of tests again. Sounds like this is going to an ongoing occurrence going forward. I am not aware of any other location in Sousa where one can get a PCR test within the 72 hour limit that is accepted at check in for a flight. Going to POP to get one is risky time wise and very inconvenient if you need to go back to the lab to get a paper copy of the results. Here is hoping that govts soon, especially those testing passengers again on arrival, do away with this foreign test requirement. Not holding my breath though.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
I heard that POP labs in Sosua has run out of tests again. Sounds like this is going to an ongoing occurrence going forward. I am not aware of any other location in Sousa where one can get a PCR test within the 72 hour limit that is accepted at check in for a flight. Going to POP to get one is risky time wise and very inconvenient if you need to go back to the lab to get a paper copy of the results. Here is hoping that govts soon, especially those testing passengers again on arrival, do away with this foreign test requirement. Not holding my breath though.
A friend went to Referencia Lab in POP yesterday for PCR test. Was in and out in very few minutes. And got results electronically by 2 pm. No return trip to POP required.