Conversion from Temporary to Permanent Status

mardonius

Sep 13, 2008
I just took a look at my my new "Permanent" residency card. It expires in a year. I thought the whole reason for doing this was that it is valid for 5 years.
If its only valid for 1 year.

WHATS THE PURPOSE???

So in a year, I will still have to make a trip to SD, pay the fees, and get a new card. The only purpose of having a permanent card is to pay the DR govt more money for it, if you still have to go back every year..

Am I missing something, other than my money?????
So if I am reading this correctly it does not automatically go from temp to permanent when you go to renew after you have done 4 yrs as temp ? I was under the assumption that when you have done the years with the temp residency that when you go to renew it goes automatically to perm.. Mine is up in a 2 months and I would have have done 4yrs on the temp and does that mean I can apply for perm now ?

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
It is easy. I had a good lawyer and she would do the docs yearly and I'd just go by her office to sign and pay.

So easy even a caveman can do it.

BTW, I've never mentioned anything about residency; only about protecting one's assets from predators.
Right ok you didn’t link it to residency and it sounds fine for your purposes. I am just wondering when selling you may be limiting to buyers who accepts taking over the Dominican company that owns the property unless you dissolve the Dominican company at the same time. I don’t know but just seems to me easier when selling to transfer title if it’s not owned by a company.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Right ok you didn’t link it to residency and it sounds fine for your purposes. I am just wondering when selling you may be limiting to buyers who accepts taking over the Dominican company that owns the property unless you dissolve the Dominican company at the same time. I don’t know but just seems to me easier when selling to transfer title if it’s not owned by a company.
I bought my condo from an owner who held the unit in an S.R.L. Not hard at all. The title from the S.R,L. was transferred to me. No different at all really.

Reactions: AlaPlaya and aarhus

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
I bought my condo from an owner who held the unit in an S.R.L. Not hard at all. The title from the S.R,L. was transferred to me. No different at all really.
As long as you want to keep that SRL and if you sell it the buyer wants to take it over. I guess it’s fine.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
Ok got it. Then someone had to dissolve that SRL.
Not necessarily. We sold the SRL to the buyer. A share transfer was competed by the lawyer as part of the transaction. The buyer then had the option to change the name of the SRL - but I know of at least one instance when the buyer left the name of the SRL as is.

The point is - You sell the SLR - not the house or car or boat ( or whatever ) that is owned by the SLR. Easy/peasy and not expensive at all.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
SRL is just one structure. When you generate a structure the RNC is attached at the hip. In the old days of CxA and SxA things were more rigid
Try and explain it better please ? You are saying in any structure there is an RNC. I would say yes certainly.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Try and explain it better please ? You are saying in any structure there is an RNC. I would say yes certainly.
No i am saying if you buy a recycled corporation, the RNC is also attached. So a careful audit of the tax and legal.record should be secured. Of course any corporation is assigned an RNC.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
No i am saying if you buy a recycled corporation, the RNC is also attached. So a careful audit of the tax and legal.record should be secured. Of course any corporation is assigned an RNC.
Ok yes. I was about to say the same. To take over an entity in this case an SRL a thorough due diligence is needed. So when someone takes over a property owned by an SRL and decides to keep the SRL. I don’t know if that is normal. What about the origin of the funds ?