Trial for Murder of Lindsay de Feliz

Status
Not open for further replies.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
We also need US newspapers to pick up this story. CNN for.example

Sorry, spotting my deliberate mistake, I am aware that CNN is not a newspaper, but I meant American news sources. People need to get emailing to the news desks of any source that might be interested.

Obviously we also need to ensure that the Dominican news is on the case

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Sorry, spotting my deliberate mistake, I am aware that CNN is not a newspaper, but I meant American news sources. People need to get emailing to the news desks of any source that might be interested.

What newspapers have you emailed?

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020

I agree that focusing on the Dominican press and getting this under people's noses is the best bet. Your heart is definitely in the right place, but it's not an American story and will likely not get any interest in the American press. Violence against women is something that has garnered a lot of attention in D.R., and I believe the best pressure is peer pressure. No matter what, I join you and everyone else here hoping and praying for true justice both in the courts and the prison where these p.o.s end up.

Reactions: Nadie21

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
What newspapers have you emailed?

I am aware that Greg Woodfield from the UK's Daily Mail is aware of this and reads this forum. He wrote a big piece on the murder when it first took place. The other British journalist who covered the case when she was originally murdered was a guy called Gerard Couzens who is based in Spain, but covers Dom Rep. He syndicated the story to a lot of British newspapers. I have emailed him, but no response, so would suggest that a nudge from others may help. I found his email address online, but I am not sure the one I have is correct (since no response). If you'd like the address I have, just PM me.

I have not contacted any of the news outlets in the DR and think it is essential that people do this.

I have also been doing some further behind the scenes work to make sure that some important people in the DR are aware that the trial is taking place. But clearly more is needed, I have limited contacts.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
but it's not an American story and will likely not get any interest in the American press.

Quite a lot of US news channels reported on the murder when it originally took place. Just google Lindsay de Feliz murder and you'll see a lot of news from 2019 from the US.

Reactions: It wasn't me

Matilda's Mother

May 10, 2008
There is an article about Lindsay in The Guardian on line today. Her brother Patrick and myself were talking to one of their reporters last Saturday. We know how difficult it is for people to go to support Lindsay and no way do the family want you to put yourself in any danger.
Lindsay's mother

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
There is an article about Lindsay in The Guardian on line today. Her brother Patrick and myself were talking to one of their reporters last Saturday. We know how difficult it is for people to go to support Lindsay and no way do the family want you to put yourself in any danger.
Lindsay's mother
I read the Guardian's article and found it to be tasteful and informative and, now, we will hopefully see justice served. I still miss my nightly chats with Lindsay every day.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
You could also write to

joel.orme@wbtv.uk

He is doing a 10 part crime series and I have spoken to and been interviewed by him. This is not sensationalism or anything inappropriate. I did write him to make him aware of the trial date, if he didn't already know.
Here's his response.
Hi Rosanne,

Yes we were aware that the trial is due to start on the 16th and we are trying to monitor what happens, though we are unable to attend ourselves for the same reasons as yourself.

Will be interesting to see what the outcome is and hopefully it goes ahead this time too.

Then trial might come too late for us to cover Lindsay's story in this series, we are due to complete filming on the 18th, but it is certainly one we would look to revisit for a future series.

I'll keep you posted if I hear anything this end.
Many thanks
Joel

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I missed those, do you have links please?????

Here is the one from Remolacha.net, it's just lifted the piece from The Guardian.

Reactions: It wasn't me

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Here is the one from Remolacha.net, it's just lifted the piece from The Guardian.

This just makes me so very sad -- all over again...My deepest sympathy to her family and close friends

There were lots of folks who had NEVER met her who are very grateful for all the warm and loving advice she gave via this website.

And - I imagine - some - who like me, met her a few times... Who Are Very Angry...

It is an odd combination of emotions....
Anger and Sorrow

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
I haven’t posted on here for a long time, I had a telephone call with MP Jess Phillips who is the shadow minister for domestic violence and has spoken passionately about British women murdered by their partners. She contacted the foreign office asking them for help in making the UK presence felt at the trial. Sadly they haven’t responded as yet.

If I could have been at the trial I would have been as he really doesn’t scare me at all but financially and with my children it’s just not possible. I have submitted a statement in Spanish to the prosecution via Lindsays family but all I can do know along with you all is wait and hope for justice (whatever that means these days).

Even if he is found guilty there needs to be continued pressure and monitoring to make sure they stay in prison, because sadly being sentenced there doesn’t mean a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.