BitCoin office opening in Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I was going to troll this Tio, but would like to comment that i have a British acquaintance in Samana who recently joined a NYC startup based on NFT art. Fad or future?

The future, yes some of the valuations are exaggerated, The Blockchain is here to stay.

Attachments

• Ric_Flair.jpg
    Ric_Flair.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 87
Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

onojetathekid

Feb 6, 2022
They get a lot of positive responses to their "shop" on Facebook... Offering to trade BTC for cash and vice versa. Will be interesting to see what happens.
Listen, Man you can point it out all day.. some just want to argue the contrary.. they are upset they didn't get in earlier. More for Me man.. Got my Bitcoins at $200 and these fools were still on the Old 100's. Some roll with the changes and others get run over by them... .. Crypto isn't Going anywhere! Fiat Is.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Listen, Man you can point it out all day.. some just want to argue the contrary.. they are upset they didn't get in earlier. More for Me man.. Got my Bitcoins at $200 and these fools were still on the Old 100's. Some roll with the changes and others get run over by them... .. Crypto isn't Going anywhere! Fiat Is.
Interesting first post. Are you going to introduce yourself?

Jan 9, 2004
In addition to not being insured......................another example of why your BitCoin is not safe? Or in the alternative why the privacy/anonynity many tout...........is also not there.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yeah, I am "upset" only that I didn't start this pyramid scheme myself. I could be retired in PR instead of the DR.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
In addition to not being insured......................another example of why your BitCoin is not safe? Or in the alternative why the privacy/anonynity many tout...........is also not there.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

I will repeat myself again, again, again.......
The EXCHANGE was hacked, not the blockchain. There is an easy fix to that : get your crypto off exchanges, be your own bank.

And I will repeat myself again, again, again, Bitcoin ( and a majority of cryptos ) are the opposite of anonymity...... the ledger is out there for all to consult. That's the beauty of it.

Good or bad, Bitcoin is traceable, and nowadays most crypto services will not accept tainted bitcoins ( bitcoins from a flagged address, because of a hack or illegal stuff ), furthermore tumbler services ( basically a service that will exchange your bitcoin for another Bitcoin--minus a fee-- in order to murk the waters of the " history" of transactions ) are also blacklisted on respectable exchanges and crypto financial services platforms .

Jan 9, 2004
I will repeat myself again, again, again.......
The EXCHANGE was hacked, not the blockchain. There is an easy fix to that : get your crypto off exchanges, be your own bank.

And I will repeat myself again, again, again, Bitcoin ( and a majority of cryptos ) are the opposite of anonymity...... the ledger is out there for all to consult. That's the beauty of it.

Good or bad, Bitcoin is traceable, and nowadays most crypto services will not accept tainted bitcoins ( bitcoins from a flagged address, because of a hack or illegal stuff ), furthermore tumbler services ( basically a service that will exchange your bitcoin for another Bitcoin--minus a fee-- in order to murk the waters of the " history" of transactions ) are also blacklisted on respectable exchanges and crypto financial services platforms .
And I will repeat, Bitcoin was founded on its anonymity, its inability to be hacked, and its alternative to fiat currencies.

It is no longer truly anonymous, it can be hacked, and as an alternative to fiat currencies is, at this point, a joke.........based on volatility alone.

What you can expect to see is a market in Bitcoin as a commodity.......not a currency.

Blockchain technology will be harnessed by Central Banks around the world, creating stable coins CBDC's backed by that "fiat" currency you like to refer to.

Bitcoin itself will just be another asset class, subject to market volatility....................ditto Digital Real Estate in the metaverse.

Good luck.................the predictions I read were $200,000 in 2022. Of course the $100,000 for 2021 never materialized. As I said infra, I would be a buyer at $8,000 for a trade.................maybe.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: windeguy

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Largest-Ever Crypto Heist

Hackers have stolen more than $600M worth of cryptocurrency from the Ronin blockchain underlying a popular play-to-earn online game, “Axie Infinity.” The heist is believed to be the biggest cryptocurrency theft in history and raises questions about security.

Sky Mavis, the gaming company operating Ronin and “Axie Infinity,” said the attackers took advantage of a security flaw in what's known as a bridge—a connection between two blockchains that enables transfers of cryptocurrency. The hackers gained control of five validation nodes required to recognize the transfers to and from the Ronin blockchain.

The attackers then created two fraudulent withdrawals March 23, stealing 173,600 ether tokens and 25.5 million USD Coin tokens. Ether is the second most popular cryptocurrency behind Bitcoin (see 101), while USD Coin is a cryptocurrency tied to the US dollar. Sky Mavis discovered the breach Tuesday after a user was unable to withdraw 5,000 ether from the bridge.

See other big cryptocurrency heists here.

• Haha
Reactions: Tamborista

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Has anyone ever actually owned or traded Bitcoin on this thread, or is this the usual armchair traders counting their Clorets from Janets?
I am a scale buyer starting at $25K when it gets there next week.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Has anyone ever actually owned or traded Bitcoin on this thread, or is this the usual armchair traders counting their Clorets from Janets?
If I were a gambler, that's the entry point I'd be interested.

Jan 9, 2004
Owned it and Ethereum as a trade only.............buying/selling both on the way up.

I am a buyer again at $8,000..........maybe........but only for a trade. Bitcoin and its progeny are not an investment, but I do enjoy gambling now and again.

Must be awful quiet these days at the Bitcoin office in Cabarete.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Status
Not open for further replies.