Sosua Beach Unions Want More Involvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Nope, too sad of a day. I will feel bad for my friends who have lost their livelihood. My family has moved from La Union to Santiago so Sosua does not need to be a destination. Some of my best memories are of that Beach, I will remember how great it was fondly once it is gone.
Everything we have is on loan. One day we get the call and have to turn it all over.

Reactions: ctrob

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Sure, the demo is a good sized operation just in itself. A lot of power lines, disconnect those first. And a lot of propane containers for cooking, those have to be removed before any real demo. Either moved by their owners or confiscated and removed. A lot of heavy appliances that people are going to want to save, but some won't move them till they're forced to. What a mess.

Ramesses - Are you coming down on demo day? We could have a picnic, a few beers?

Big - $100?
The day, and I mean one day, that it took to demolish all of the homes to remove the squatters on the ocean side of the main highway from El Rocon to where TUVA restaurant is now, they didn't round up any propane tanks. They probably did cut power to the area but did not remove any power lines before the demolition. I doubt anyone had a chance to remove anything of size from those houses and businesses despite being given advanced notice of the demolition. They simply did not think it could ever happen so fast.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Sure, the demo is a good sized operation just in itself. A lot of power lines, disconnect those first. And a lot of propane containers for cooking, those have to be removed before any real demo. Either moved by their owners or confiscated and removed. A lot of heavy appliances that people are going to want to save, but some won't move them till they're forced to. What a mess.

Ramesses - Are you coming down on demo day? We could have a picnic, a few beers?

Big - $100?
When is demo day?

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I'm surprised as a bar owner there that he's so unaware of some basic facts. The 60 meter setback land was not what was donated. It's not the owner's land to donate. It already belongs to the public. Two parcels on either end of the beach are what reportedly were donated to the government.
That is the part that shocked me as well , even more than the " If Dominick says its ok, im with him, and not gonna worry about it" comment ..
Holy smokes
How can a reasonably intelligent souning person be SO CLUELESS..
where in the world did he get this 60 meters from the water line was donated idea from ?
He better be careful .. If that video is translated, it almost sounds like a CALL to Violence .
For a Dominican that may be ok .. but for a Foreign National its really a bad Idea to put yourself out there like this , with Fake Information.
They may knock HIS place down first just to make an example of him, and then tell him " NOW you can tell Dominick that we mean business"

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
That is the part that shocked me as well , even more than the " If Dominick says its ok, im with him, and not gonna worry about it" comment ..
Holy smokes
How can a reasonably intelligent souning person be SO CLUELESS..
where in the world did he get this 60 meters from the water line was donated idea from ?
He better be careful .. If that video is translated, it almost sounds like a CALL to Violence .
For a Dominican that may be ok .. but for a Foreign National its really a bad Idea to put yourself out there like this , with Fake Information.
They may knock HIS place down first just to make an example of him, and then tell him " NOW you can tell Dominick that we mean business"
You really need to stop doing bong hits during the day, there was nothing at all threating or menacing in that video.
Danny is a wealthy businessman, and this bar is just a clubhouse, he really does not have any emotional attachment to Malibu.
Did you hear him say, I'll grab all my stuff, like it was no big deal?

Reactions: jd426

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Nope, too sad of a day. I will feel bad for my friends who have lost their livelihood. My family has moved from La Union to Santiago so Sosua does not need to be a destination. Some of my best memories are of that Beach, I will remember how great it was fondly once it is gone.
In the End , thats all we really have , Fond MEMORIES ... nothing remains the same forever .. even the High School Prom queen , she lives in our Memory only the way she was back in her Day.. and we have to consider outselves very lucky indeed for having known them in their Prime and still have them as FRIENDS to this day .. Your Friends will still remain your Friends .. a Beach is just a Beach . ..

Reactions: ramesses

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
You really need to stop doing bong hits during the day, there was nothing at all threating or menacing in that video.
Danny is a wealthy businessman, and this bar is just a clubhouse, he really does not have any emotional attachment to Malibu.
Did you hear him say, I'll grab all my stuff, like it was no big deal?
Ok , I stand corrected .. I tjhink.
I actually kind of like the guy,, I spent an entire evening once watching some of his videos .
The one where he sailed Solo from Puerto Rico to the DR was very impressive ... If TRUE or not , I have no Idea.
because I have seen dudes POSING on Boats which they did not even own.

that said , I think he sounds rather clueless for someone who should be IN THE KNOW.
Mayne its a Canadian thing.

Perhaps not calling for violence ,but he DID predict a " lot of people would be COMING into town ( from far and wide) , and they would NOT be happy" .
what do you suppose he meant by that ? Where I come from ,that is a threat for sure .
maybe you can ask him though , and clafiry it for us ..

As far as Wealthy Business man ..why in the world bother making U Tube Videos like this ?
so riddled with obvious mistakes ..

He reminds me a LOT of Peter from Passions .
SUPER NICE GUY .. Super nice ..
But in the end he had NO CLUE that the Govt wanted him shut down and they were serious
. when everyone else on the outside Saw it coming a Mile away and tried to explain it to him , to no avail .

ok, back to my Bong ..

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
In the End , thats all we really have , Fond MEMORIES ... nothing remains the same forever .. even the High School Prom queen , she lives in our Memory only the way she was back in her Day.. and we have to consider outselves very lucky indeed for having known them in their Prime and still have them as FRIENDS to this day .. Your Friends will still remain your Friends .. a Beach is just a Beach . ..
This will be the third beach I no longer visit because of gentrification. I know there will be others, they are getting harder and harder to find as corporation types always grab them up once people discover them. Ultimately you are correct, life goes on...I move on.

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
This will be the third beach I no longer visit because of gentrification. I know there will be others, they are getting harder and harder to find as corporation types always grab them up once people discover them. Ultimately you are correct, life goes on...I move on.
Sosua had a huge run. The beaches and the scene have become uncomfortable, the demographic has changed substantially. The cheap and dirty look has worn the hat out. Clearly many have very fond memories of the Sosua hay day. It can't be brought back. No matter how much we romanticize it in our memories. The lowest form of conversation is "how it used to be".

Reactions: jd426

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Sosua had a huge run. The beaches and the scene have become uncomfortable, the demographic has changed substantially. The cheap and dirty look has worn the hat out. Clearly many have very fond memories of the Sosua hay day. It can't be brought back. No matter how much we romanticize it in our memories. The lowest form of conversation is "how it used to be".
I see nothing wrong with remembering and talking about "how things used to be".

I have not been to the beach in about 3 years...maybe it has changed since then? I always found the beach scene was getting better. I mean, around 2005 the beach was packed with working girls and I mean packed...last time I was there...nothing but a few. I found the beach to be a very tame scene from about 2014 on.

None of this matters anymore. It is what it is.

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I see nothing wrong with remembering and talking about "how things used to be".

I have not been to the beach in about 3 years...maybe it has changed since then? I always found the beach scene was getting better. I mean, around 2005 the beach was packed with working girls and I mean packed...last time I was there...nothing but a few. I found the beach to be a very tame scene from about 2014 on.

None of this matters anymore. It is what it is.
That part wasn't written toward you mafriend. In general speaking on the theme at hand. I think the actual quote was something like "Remember when is the lowest form of conversation"

Status
Not open for further replies.