jetBlue is offering to purchase Spirit Airlines

Jan 9, 2004
After Frontier Airliners offered to purchase Spirit and it fell through if I recalled correctly so jetBlue offered to buy Spirit Airlines at full cash price.

This will be interesting since Spirit flys to PUJ.

Story: https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/05/spi...port-jetblue-has-made-bid-to-buy-airline.html

JetBlue also flies to PUJ…..and SDQ…….and STI…..

I doubt the regulators allow this to happen for reasons of anti-competition etc.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I would take a Spirit flight over a JetBlue flight.
In fact the very first flight I took to the Dominican Republic was on Spirit.
I think JetBlue treated their founder wrong.
Not everyone has private jet money (no shame)
Why take Sprint?
Cause I'm not ballin (insert "basketball" emoji here) like a ****** ******* pro.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
You think it’s thousands???
I think it’s less
Like a merry go round
Same ones round and round
Some yes but I see different ones rotating in and out of the gym. Mostly it's overweight guys thinking they need to get in shape for nights of heavy eating and drinking and prying spandex off large rear ends.
Some are athletes but they are the exception.
Most come from NY, or Philly or Atlanta. Revolving door? Maybe twice a year they come.
For the most part they are nice guys - just wish they didn't attract the heavier crowd of girls.
But whenever there is a Jet Blue landing there is a chorus line of fake eyelashes ready and waiting and wanting some new iPhone money from mi Papi Chulo.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Jetblue and Spirit are merging, are mer... ging..., are... um.... wait a minute.

You might see Spirit airplanes in DR airports for many years to come.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it was Sky who said it would be blocked by the DOJ when they first announced the planned merger. He appears to be spot on.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
With all due respect...
Lawsuits can be filed by anyone.
JetBlue certainly has the means to mount a defense.
Depends on how bad the board of JetBlue wants this.
Settlement is possible.