Go Camping Near Cabarete

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
That Treehouse Village place evidently does really well, lots of rich Americans attracted by the idea of a data-free week and living in the wild. So I don't doubt there's a market for this.

Reactions: CristoRey

Luz del mundo

Banned
Apr 4, 2022
Dominican Republic
I have seen photos and read about them, but never have visited them. Here are some photos of the waterfalls in Jamao. There are many.

View attachment 5406 View attachment 5407 View attachment 5408 View attachment 5409
Hey Lindsay ! I just returned from an amazing trip to Rio Partido. Breathtaking and VERY physically strenuous but wellworth it.
Next I would like to trek up there to where you took those pics. I know where your place is so tell me , are the blue waters of the river Jamoa and its falls a far hike from your restaurant and is the trail easy to navigate or is a guide nessecary ? I dont like going with a herd of whiny gringos lol. How long does it take to hike there ?

• Haha
Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo
Aug 21, 2007
Hey Lindsay ! I just returned from an amazing trip to Rio Partido. Breathtaking and VERY physically strenuous but wellworth it.
Next I would like to trek up there to where you took those pics. I know where your place is so tell me , are the blue waters of the river Jamoa and its falls a far hike from your restaurant and is the trail easy to navigate or is a guide nessecary ? I dont like going with a herd of whiny gringos lol. How long does it take to hike there ?
Hi Luz-

I don't have a restaurant, although I live in Jamao. I am the director of a non-profit here. Not sure if you are asking how long the hike is or if you are asking how long to get to Jamao? If you let me know where you live, I can give you a better answer. Do you speak Spanish? I have a good friend in the Eco Tourism business here. He can answer your questions without being interested in selling you a tour. He is a first class guy. Just yesterday, I made arrangements for a Canadian family to take a kayak tour. They were the only ones on the tour. Two weeks ago, more or less, the family hiked the 13 waterfalls - again they were the only ones on the tour. If you plan on a Saturday or Sunday, you will see Dominicans, but other days, you are pretty much alone. Message me if you are interested in talking with my friend and I will give you his contact information.

Reactions: Auryn
Aug 21, 2007
And no, you cannot hike to the river. The falls and other special locations on the river are in Jamao, but not in the pueblo. They are in outlying communities. The drive is a bit rugged, especially if you don't have a 4 wheel drive vehicle.

Luz del mundo

Banned
Apr 4, 2022
Dominican Republic
And no, you cannot hike to the river. The falls and other special locations on the river are in Jamao, but not in the pueblo. They are in outlying communities. The drive is a bit rugged, especially if you don't have a 4 wheel drive vehicle.
Sorry I mistakenly thought you had the pisims restaurant but i guess thats Ken.
Yes, I was asking if from Jamao town you can hike to the charcos and falls in the pics you posted . I do speak spanish and have been to Jamao Norte pueblo a few times but not up in the lomas..Dont know if you can hike the whole way or need to drive ? Rio partido was 90 minutes on the back of a moto because i dont have a vehicle so i paid a local dominican to be my drive guide which was more fun and cheaper than a tour company for sure. I do this everywhere i travel here and would prefer the same to Jamao if possible.