Address for entry form, if at hotel?

MagicMan678

Nov 15, 2021
United Kingdom
Planning to just spend one night at hotel near airport for 1 wk trip - haven't planned the other nights, hope to just decide when I get there.
Is it ok for the travel entry form to put down first night's hotel - or will someone ask for hotel reservations for the entire trip?

Northern Coast Diver

Private Scuba Guide
Feb 23, 2020
Sosua
Planning to just spend one night at hotel near airport for 1 wk trip - haven't planned the other nights, hope to just decide when I get there.
Is it ok for the travel entry form to put down first night's hotel - or will someone ask for hotel reservations for the entire trip?
No one will ask any questions. You need not worry. Enjoy your stay here.

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
They won’t read it they just glance at it then toss it in an unorganized pile with the others. Write one hotel. Enjoy

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
I never understood that question. If I was up to no-good do they really think I'm going to give them my itinerary?
"Can you describe the suspect"?
"No, but he did leave his flight number and time of arrival. Maybe you can check those stacks of paper to see where he's staying".

• Haha
Reactions: JD Jones

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
Or maybe so they can just SAY they use them to do that. Somewhere there’s an air conditioned storage room filled with them. 20 yrs worth. Awaiting recording and shredding.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Or maybe so they can just SAY they use them to do that. Somewhere there’s an air conditioned storage room filled with them. 20 yrs worth. Awaiting recording and shredding.
They don't have "them" anymore. The info is entered on the E-Ticket(?).

Reactions: windeguy

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I think they use that just to collect statistics on generally where tourists are going here.
Unless people are staying in a family member's house, they have access at least to the name under whom the hotel room(s), apartment/aurb&b/house rental is made. In the case of a hotel, many will have on file the names of everyone in the party. All the government has to do is ask the hotel/whatever to give them the information on so-and-so or on the people that appear in the security camera recording at a certain time.

Reminds me of a time I was telling someone of 23andme and how anyone can do it. He responded that that's a way the government can get your identity. Apparently the very same government that gives you your birth certificate, marriage certificate, cédula in the DR/social security in the USA, driver's license, passport and any other document that has your name/address/etc will finally know who you are from a DNA company. The same government that would find you under a rock if you did something wrong and they want you. Riiiiiight... Call me crazy, but I think they know who you are before you knew your own name.

Last edited:
Reactions: NanSanPedro

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Reminds me of a time I was telling someone of 23andme and how anyone can do it. He responded that that's a way the government can get your identity. Apparently the very same government that gives you your birth certificate, marriage certificate, cédula in the DR/social security in the USA, driver's license, passport and any other document that has your name/address/etc will finally know who you are from a DNA company. The same government that woukd find you under a rock if you did something wrong and they want you. Riiiiiight... Call me crazy, but I think they have been known who you are before you ¡ knew your own name.
I think some people have issues with the government having your DNA profile(?).

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Nobody looks at it.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
You could write - "Hammock in Monkey Jungle" and they don't care. It is really for you are hurt & unconscious or, god forbid, your body is found they might be able to coordinate your last movements and who you were with at a hotel for notifications or investigations

• Haha
Reactions: Joseph NY2STI

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Correct me if I am wrong but isn't this why they adopted the E-Ticket?
They changed to make more easy everything and get rid of 3 wharehouse full of boxes with papers, they got tired when some goverment institution like the Procuradoria asked them to look for travel information of specific person. Also to have online statitics about travelers like how they arrive here if is direct flight or with stop for example. I checked the last airtravel report and now include how many people land here with stop in a 2nd. country.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
It doesn't matter to me, I have the same address in DR almost 40 years.

I moved several times but never changed, I still in my parents's house.

JJ

Reactions: Riva_31