Can you fill out e-ticket early?

MagicMan678

Nov 15, 2021
United Kingdom
just over-keenly filled out the e-ticket entry form 1 month early - got the code, but i guess that expires in 3 days time so I'll have to do it again?

Will it be straightforward doing so again, or can I use it?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The E Ticket can be filled out Two month before travel. Anytime before the two months you fill it out it will not issure the Code. So don't worry you are good to go...............In short, once you have the code it is valid.......

Sol09

Jan 12, 2017
It can be filled out 72 hours before travel. You will have to fill it out again completely. I hope they implement an option to have a login where it saves basic information.

¿Con cuántos días de antelación debo llenar el formulario?
El formulario puede ser llenado desde 72 horas antes de su llegada a República Dominicana, hasta el momento antes de pasar por Migración.

thompstr

Mar 21, 2018
Screen shot code
Sorry no speak Spanish
I've filled out as soon as I had flight ticket in hand
Never had a problem filling out early

AlaPlaya

Frequent Flyer
Jan 7, 2021
Texas
It can be filled out 72 hours before travel. You will have to fill it out again completely. I hope they implement an option to have a login where it saves basic information.

¿Con cuántos días de antelación debo llenar el formulario?
El formulario puede ser llenado desde 72 horas antes de su llegada a República Dominicana, hasta el momento antes de pasar por Migración.
Sorry, I think I misunderstood your comment. Do you mean saving your basic data?

I believe they have the option where your input data is saved in the form if you if you write down the code to access it. Because you can always go back and amend it if you need to before you travel (i.e. if your flight changes).

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
He has to do NOTHING more. Like I said before, once the code is issued to you it is valid...................And if you change your flight you need to fill out a new E Ticket. Trying to amend one is a waste of time, just do it over................

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I did the E-ticket recently when I travelled from the DR. I didn’t quite get the idea behind it. Maybe someone can explain.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Sorry, I think I misunderstood your comment. Do you mean saving your basic data?

I believe they have the option where your input data is saved in the form if you if you write down the code to access it. Because you can always go back and amend it if you need to before you travel (i.e. if your flight changes).
All the code does is bring up the finished QR Form, no way to access/change your answers.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Did not fill out an e-ticket for our trip to Puerto Rico on the ferry, just the old immigration trip forms.
Yeah I dont quite understand what they are doing it for. When I filled it in it didn’t come up with the area of SD where I was staying. or Las Terrenas. It had SD Country Club as an option though.

Sol09

Jan 12, 2017

What I meant was it would be nice to be able to have an account in which all basic info (Name, birthday, address, passport number, etc.) is saved so that I only need to update the travel info for an e-ticket each time I travel instead of entering all of my basic information each time.

Sol09

Jan 12, 2017
The E Ticket can be filled out Two month before travel. Anytime before the two months you fill it out it will not issure the Code. So don't worry you are good to go...............In short, once you have the code it is valid.......
Why are you saying it can be filled out two months prior to travel when the instructions specifically state that it can be filled out a maximum of 72 hours before?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Why are you saying it can be filled out two months prior to travel when the instructions specifically state that it can be filled out a maximum of 72 hours before?
Please post where you see the maximum of 72 hours. It is FALSE, two months is the limit. I have used this at least 20 times, and never within 72 hours. Always no problem.............

Sol09

Jan 12, 2017
Please post where you see the maximum of 72 hours. It is FALSE, two months is the limit. I have used this at least 20 times, and never within 72 hours. Always no problem.............
From the source itself:

And I quote:

"¿Con cuántos días de antelación debo llenar el formulario?
El formulario puede ser llenado desde 72 horas antes de su llegada a República Dominicana, hasta el momento antes de pasar por Migración."

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
From the source itself:

And I quote:

"¿Con cuántos días de antelación debo llenar el formulario?
El formulario puede ser llenado desde 72 horas antes de su llegada a República Dominicana, hasta el momento antes de pasar por Migración."
This is incorrect. Remember you are dealing with Dominican Government. Two months in will work fine. This might have been right when it was implemented but not now...............I just came back from a trip out less than 2 weeks ago. Filled out the E tickets over a month before leaving. No problems...........

Sol09

Jan 12, 2017
This is incorrect. Remember you are dealing with Dominican Government. Two months in will work fine. This might have been right when it was implemented but not now...............
LOL ok, everyone please listen to SKY, our expert authority on this, and not the government who oversees this.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
LOL ok, everyone please listen to SKY, our expert authority on this, and not the government who oversees this.
you are going to get very frustrated here if you think everything works how the government first implements it. I will go with Sky because of his years of experience. Bob just reported he on a trip filled in the old manuel form.