Jarabacoa - Who is the mayor ?

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
Do they have a mayor in jarabacoa if so, what is their name please and thanks.

**SIDE NOTE*** - any ever stay or been to Jarabacoa Country Club?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Bob lives up there.
He should be able to answer your questions.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Remember there is a mayor who is elected and a "Regidor" who is appointed by the president.

It's not unusual for the regidor to have more influence and power than the mayor.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I was asking you. lol!

Is there not a govt. official for each municipality the president can fire and replace?

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Gobernador/a appointed by the President...... :cool:

Right! I had the names mixed up. Read post 7 with Gobernador instead of Rigidor. LOL

Last edited:

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
@bob saunders
any info or feed back about Jarabacoa Country Club?
The surrounding area from what i have read is heavy in agriculture , the water falls.
are there any "prestigious" farms or anything of the sort?
Any hidden spots with great views over looking the place or is more as you drive up or around you just see locations?
Looking at visiting there for a day or two .
any farms you can buy produce directly from?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
@bob saunders
any info or feed back about Jarabacoa Country Club?
The surrounding area from what i have read is heavy in agriculture , the water falls.
are there any "prestigious" farms or anything of the sort?
Any hidden spots with great views over looking the place or is more as you drive up or around you just see locations?
Looking at visiting there for a day or two .
any farms you can buy produce directly from?
I have been to the Country Club for several weddings...etc. but other than that I know nothing about membership....etc. There are three waterfalls, Jimenoa uno and Jimenoa 2 , the number 1 is harder to get to and more spectacular. The Salto Baiguate Water is easier to get to and the view along the road traveling to it is very nice ( one of my favorite vistas) There is a small fee. The best view is from the Hamaca de dios restaurant which is on the far side of the valley. I don't know of any prestigious farms but there are plenty of roadside fruit and vegetable markets and numerous ones inside the town. If I was going to visit for a couple of days I would stay at https://www.ranchobaiguate.com/ . They offer tours....etc

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
I have been to the Country Club for several weddings...etc. but other than that I know nothing about membership....etc. There are three waterfalls, Jimenoa uno and Jimenoa 2 , the number 1 is harder to get to and more spectacular. The Salto Baiguate Water is easier to get to and the view along the road traveling to it is very nice ( one of my favorite vistas) There is a small fee. The best view is from the Hamaca de dios restaurant which is on the far side of the valley. I don't know of any prestigious farms but there are plenty of roadside fruit and vegetable markets and numerous ones inside the town. If I was going to visit for a couple of days I would stay at https://www.ranchobaiguate.com/ . They offer tours....etc

Once again thank you

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013

rancho baiguate is closed to guests ...they are doing river rafting and tours ......i tried to stay there in March /April but they were not taking guests

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
i stayed at the Hotel Jimenoa.........beautifull location on the river .....nice restaurant ......clean and comfortable .....i would recommend it

Reactions: bob saunders