Rio San Juan or Cabrera - any stay at the old castle ( El Castillo Tropical)

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
Wondering if which would be better for an overnight stay? Rio San Juan or Cabrera? Was looking at places to stay and this keeps popping up for both locations, El Castillo Tropical. So once again looking for info and/or feedback. Restaurants etc? Not looking to party , just relax . Keep my feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
You could consider BAHIA BLANCA, a small hotel in RIO SAN JUAN.
I stayed there many times when I lived in La Vega.

Restaurants? Cheo. Café de Paris, run by Marco a French guy.

Northern Coast Diver

Private Scuba Guide
Feb 23, 2020
Sosua
Wondering if which would be better for an overnight stay? Rio San Juan or Cabrera? Was looking at places to stay and this keeps popping up for both locations, El Castillo Tropical. So once again looking for info and/or feedback. Restaurants etc? Not looking to party , just relax . Keep my feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars.
La Catalina is quite nice, a beautiful property. But at $150 a night plus tax & service, is a bit pricey. El Castillo looks pretty nice at 1/3 of the cost!

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Look at the location..... try Downtown

I agree with my unfriend W2. Also there are quite a few joints in town and by the Malecón for around 2500 to 4000 nice views convenient locations. Catalina is the most quiet, complete locale. Worth the extra $$. W may even buy you a cold one!

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
Lambi under 100
"Airbnb: Vacation Rentals, Cabins, Beach Houses, Unique Homes & Experiences" https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/41986999

Lambí not to be confused with Lambon
Lambí is conch
Lambón is a mooch, generally a member of your extended Dominican family
Thanks. I have seen that place on airbnb and booking.com. I was wondering if anyone had stayed at that old castle .
But after further reading about that location ( Old castle) and shared lounge area and etc. The search goes on. Your suggestion is on my list .

Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Catalina looks nice. A little pricey but nice. How did you like it?
I was there long time ago, working in the area during the filmation of a movie.

It was really quite and nice at that time.

JJ

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
No - it's not in Abreu---- it's in Cabrera - Abreu is west of Cabrera towards RSJ

To get to Abreu from Cabrera, you must pass thru el Breton going west

Reactions: bachata

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
No - it's not in Abreu---- it's in Cabrera - Abreu is west of Cabrera towards RSJ

To get to Abreu from Cabrera, you must pass thru el Breton going west
My bad, yes Abreu is on the East side of Cabrera going to Nagua.
The Catalina Hotel is between Cabrera and Rio San Juan.

JJ