Reactions: Joseph NY2STI

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Last edited:

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Both news stories sound very sad. The first about cosmetic surgery going wrong in the DR you seem to hear about often.

kcdmps

Dec 6, 2014
Apparently, the police has in custody the two guys (37 and 22 years old) that killed the US executive. They confirmed that thry kilked him and claim to met him in an app for sexual hookups.

Before you have sex with someone, get engaged for a year, then marry

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Gay sex is a common theme in murders not just in DR. A lot of the men are looking to rob or swindle their victims. This looks like a robbery gone bad and such a horrible pain for his family they must bear.
Surgey, especially when you don't speak the language or know the medical system and inferior hospital care is always Russian Roulette. A friend of mine had some done at a well known plastic surgery hospital in Bogata and after seeking advise on returning to the US the doctor told her she will suffer the poor Surgey the rest of her life.
Stay with what and who you know

Reactions: NanSanPedro

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
The lady had a procedure n Mexico a couple of months ago and did another too soon. The doctor she used has virtually no online presence, so I'm guessing he was a bargain basement surgeon.
Had she chosen a well recommended doctor, the results may have been different.

The guy's assailants were captured in a very short time. Let's here some support for them for a job well done.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Gay sex is a common theme in murders not just in DR. A lot of the men are looking to rob or swindle their victims. This looks like a robbery gone bad and such a horrible pain for his family they must bear.
Surgey, especially when you don't speak the language or know the medical system and inferior hospital care is always Russian Roulette. A friend of mine had some done at a well known plastic surgery hospital in Bogata and after seeking advise on returning to the US the doctor told her she will suffer the poor Surgey the rest of her life.
Stay with what and who you know
Dominican friend of ours living in New York had the gastric staple thing done in NYC and had to be put on life support, died several times, spent 6 weeks in hospital, released and readmitted after two weeks and had to be reoperated on to fix the previous surgery....etc. It can happen anywhere. She speaks very good English and her husband is a emergency room nurse, so at least she received good care from at least one person.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Both news stories sound very sad. The first about cosmetic surgery going wrong in the DR you seem to hear about often.
That's because a large percentage of "cosmetic surgeons" are not authorized to do the cosmetic procedures they do (in many cases any type of surgery since quite a few are not even doctors) and aren't listed in the Colegio Dominicano de Cirujanos and in the Sociedad Dominicana de Cirugía Plástica, Reconstructiva y Estética. Professionals allowed to practice a particular profession are members of their corresponding colegio. There is no way around that.

In some cases a person may have real degrees from universities abroad. While they are the professionals they claim, they are not listed in the corresponding "colegio" due to whatever (negligence on their part, they were listed and let the membership expire, they didn't pass the exam some colegios tests before accepting anyone as a member, etc) and by law are not allowed to practice the profession in the DR. In that case, it's one of a technicality, but in most cases they never studied that or anything at all.

This also limits how you can call youself. Someone with law degrees but not listed can call themselves a "lawyer by profession" which means you studied and have degrees in law, but you are not practicing the profession. That same person can't call themselves simply a "lawyer" (imply that they are practicing the profession) until they are members of the Colegio de Abogados de la República Dominicana.

When it comes to Dominican plastic surgeons listed in the respective professional bodies mentioned in the first paragraph, they have a very low rate of problems due to surgery.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I watched the footage about this case in a US channel, she was not completely recovered from another procedure done in Colombia.
El que por su gusto muere que la muerte le sepa a gusto!

RIP

JJ

kcdmps

Dec 6, 2014
OK, if this is your serious opinion its allright, you are entiled to it.
Your statement appeared to me as taken from another planet.
People are more open about sex these days but there is a tradition of no sex before marriage and an engagement period that typically lasts a year or more. I was just repeating what is traditionally accepted as proper. If you can do it this way, you will likely end up with a better life.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
People are more open about sex these days but there is a tradition of no sex before marriage and an engagement period that typically lasts a year or more. I was just repeating what is traditionally accepted as proper. If you can do it this way, you will likely end up with a better life.
Good luck with that approach here......................

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Dominican friend of ours living in New York had the gastric staple thing done in NYC and had to be put on life support, died several times, spent 6 weeks in hospital, released and readmitted after two weeks and had to be reoperated on to fix the previous surgery....etc. It can happen anywhere. She speaks very good English and her husband is a emergency room nurse, so at least she received good care from at least one person.
Yes gastric bypass is very risky and I hope any doctor qualified to perform this work will tell you the same. But in the case of your friend she LIVED, unlike the American in this case. .
Cudos to her for fighting, not giving up and pulling through.
My attorney in DR had this procedure - not certain where - and the results were good, as in she lost a fair amount of weight.
But cutting healthy tissue at anytime seems a risk.
I am old fashioned I suppose because I don't like messing with body mods such as pierced tongues, eyebrows or nose rings nor tattoos either. The gym is the only mod needed.
And there are so many women with butt fillers here in DR and most way over the top grotesque and destined for future issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.