Chocolate Festival in July

Tom F.

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
1652292708872.png

Might be worth a visit for those in the Capital.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I went to one in the heart of San Francisco back in 2015 with friends when still living down in the Capital
and it was a major disappointment.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
SanFrancisco or the chocolate festival?:unsure::unsure::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I was mistaken. The festival I attended was in 2014, not 2015.
Either way, huge disappointment.

Tom F.

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
The one in SFM is more for local producers to show off some products and a few of the bigger players to have some booths and some giveaways. This one is more focused on the fine chocolate sector which is developing. This will be much different and involve workshops and tasting events.

Reactions: CristoRey

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
The one in SFM is more for local producers to show off some products and a few of the bigger players to have some booths and some giveaways. This one is more focused on the fine chocolate sector which is developing. This will be much different and involve workshops and tasting events.
I assume "tasting events" mean free chocolate, and the same chocolate can be purchased any time from the producers?

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Tom F.

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I assume "tasting events" mean free chocolate, and the same chocolate can be purchased any time from the producers?
Usually free samples are made available at the individual booths. A tasting event may require a fee but I do not know how they are organizing the event. I'm basing this on going to many chocolate events over the last decade. This is being sponsored in part by a US agency and may not require a fee.

Tom F.

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I was mistaken. The festival I attended was in 2014, not 2015.
Either way, huge disappointment.
That was a cacao festival rather than a chocolate festival. A little bit of a difference.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
That was a cacao festival rather than a chocolate festival. A little bit of a difference.
Agreed.
The Dominicans I went with weren't aware of it and neither was I. With this one scheduled to be held at the Agora Mall, I think one can safely assume it will have a wide variety on offer?

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Usually free samples are made available at the individual booths. A tasting event may require a fee but I do not know how they are organizing the event. I'm basing this on going to many chocolate events over the last decade. This is being sponsored in part by a US agency and may not require a fee.
I like the fee keeps the :poop:bags away.....:rolleyes: