Summer heat worsened by Sahara dust

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Ola-de-Calor-Flickr.png

The steaming heat of Wednesday, 18 May 2022 brought everyone a reminder that summer weather is on its way in. After a mild spring, the sweltering heat had everyone who could heading for air-conditioning.

Reports are that the concentration of Saharan Dust combined with the warm winds that are blowing over from Africa are bringing the hazy skies that can be seen nationwide.

The National Weather Office (Onamet) forecasts a prolonged surge of Saharan Dust that will prevail across the Caribbean this week, reducing visibility and air quality.

Onamet forecasts predominantly cloudy skies with moderate to locally heavy downpours in isolated areas nationwide, especially in the northwest, north and the Central Mountain Range.

On Thursday, 19 May 2022, in the afternoon, in focal areas of the northwest, north and the Central Cordillera, there will be local downpours, thunderstorms and isolated...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Yes it is oppressive and from my spot on the hill I can see this gray brown haze come in from Africa

Last edited by a moderator:

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Had to finally turn on the A/C at night two days ago. Too hot to sleep. During the day, I have to sit directly in front of the fan.

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
CBS, nbc & abc network tv feeds all come from south Florida area on the cable provider I have here on N.coast. Last couple days I’ve watched their weather reports showing satellite images of the dust and how it is affecting & approaching the gulf region & how it is expected to temporarily suppress the rain there, etc.
The skies have been hazy lately. Windows remain open, no dust inside house though.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
CBS, nbc & abc network tv feeds all come from south Florida area on the cable provider I have here on N.coast. Last couple days I’ve watched their weather reports showing satellite images of the dust and how it is affecting & approaching the gulf region & how it is expected to temporarily suppress the rain there, etc.
The skies have been hazy lately. Windows remain open, no dust inside house though.
Just as sands through the hourglass, so are the days of the Sahara dust storms

• Haha
Reactions: Jan and Gadfly
Aug 21, 2007
Try 'Refresh Tears' lubricant eye drops Lindsey. Available in most farmarcias, in Sabeneta anyway. They were prescribed for me by the doctor that did my cataract operations and I have just started using them again and they do immediately give a soothing effect for dry eyes.

Yes! I use Refresh! Can't live without it! But yesterday, even that didn't help much.

Reactions: whirleybird