EDENorte North Coast: Electricity Outages & Restoration Announcements

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I think these outages are intentional.
Makes it impossible to sleep with no AC.
Abindader is racking up demerits with the voters.
He can propose all his slick plans for development but if you can't provide a infrastructure for what you have it will be way worse with more demand.
Thankfully a recession will maybe cool the overdevelopment.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
After no luz last night and the night before (when the constant on/off burned out the transformer in one of my invertors) it's just gone out again in Cabarete. It seems to be down more often than it's working now.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Power out AGAIN in Perla Marina SOSU101 at about 08:30 am today Thursday 19th May.

Last night outage started at about 16:30 and went on until 21:30 ! 4 Hours !!

Olly

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
After no luz last night and the night before (when the constant on/off burned out the transformer in one of my invertors) it's just gone out again in Cabarete. It seems to be down more often than it's working now.
Yeah it's a sh*t show at EdeNorte

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Power out AGAIN in Perla Marina SOSU101 at about 08:30 am today Thursday 19th May.

Last night outage started at about 16:30 and went on until 21:30 ! 4 Hours !!

Olly

We're in a circuit that NORMALLY does not have outages at all... Hence we have no inverter nor generator (this may change...).... The past week, it's been minimum of 6 hours of outages per day...

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Off in Los Cerros around 1:30 back on at 3:40, but I expect they are not done cutting for today as it has been out everyday for the last nine days and usually when I want to sleep with a little AC

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I think these outages are intentional.
Makes it impossible to sleep with no AC.
Abindader is racking up demerits with the voters.
He can propose all his slick plans for development but if you can't provide a infrastructure for what you have it will be way worse with more demand.
Thankfully a recession will maybe cool the overdevelopment.
The outages are "intentional" in the sense that there are several power plants out of service for "maintenance".
I heard a report driving home today and I think 5 power plants were off line now. Rolling blackouts will be with us for a while.
If they actually bring in floating barge based power plants that could certainly help.

Is the stupidity for not planning ahead for this intentional and the reason for the rolling blackouts?

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
The outages are "intentional" in the sense that there are several power plants out of service for "maintenance".
I heard a report driving home today and I think 5 power plants were off line now. Rolling blackouts will be with us for a while.
If they actually bring in floating barge based power plants that could certainly help.

Is the stupidity for not planning ahead for this intentional and the reason for the rolling blackouts?
Correct, same numbers I have seen reported:

The govt, of course, is just tapping themselves in the back:

Reactions: windeguy

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Last night on the news it was mentioned it could take a year to resolve the blackout problems. Adding new plants takes years:

Exactly, and this is definitely the best time to increase the charged rates as well...

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
The DR will never solve its electrical or power problems. Never Ever.

Just look at the poles in every community with twisted mass of wire of every type, all the illegal connections leading to buildings with faulting wiring and no grounds.

All we need this year is a huge hurricane to revert the system to its status of 10 years ago. But maybe even 10 years ago was more reliable.

Look at all the new units being built in DR. This increased energy demand will not bode well for a country with declining delivery of the juice.

ese tipo

Apr 12, 2019
Water, arguably is the world's most precious resource.Electricity is pretty high up on the totem pole when it comes to necessity.not as vital as water, but pretty damn close.As some one who has family both in the DR and PR I can tell you from first hand knowledge the misery that an extended long term outage brings on.I promise you: the DR is not equipped neither logistically but more importantly, mentally.Whether you believe in climate change or not, the planet is yelling at us to prepare ourselves.Extended outages bring on nightmarish scenarios.Puerto Rico,Virgin Islands,and more recently Texas ( one week) can write you a lengthy novel on the subject. The DR I'm afraid will have a hold my beer scenario if, god forbid they were to have one.A country which has dog eat dog impulses when it comes to something as minor as(comparatively speaking) day to day traffic.It's scary to think of what a long term outage would bring about.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Water, arguably is the world's most precious resource.Electricity is pretty high up on the totem pole when it comes to necessity.not as vital as water, but pretty damn close.As some one who has family both in the DR and PR I can tell you from first hand knowledge the misery that an extended long term outage brings on.I promise you: the DR is not equipped neither logistically but more importantly, mentally.Whether you believe in climate change or not, the planet is yelling at us to prepare ourselves.Extended outages bring on nightmarish scenarios.Puerto Rico,Virgin Islands,and more recently Texas ( one week) can write you a lengthy novel on the subject. The DR I'm afraid will have a hold my beer scenario if, god forbid they were to have one.A country which has dog eat dog impulses when it comes to something as minor as(comparatively speaking) day to day traffic.It's scary to think of what a long term outage would bring about.
Captivating insight