Sosua Beach Unions Want More Involvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I've only been twice but don't remember seeing anything unsightly. It was the same as Boca Chica used to be before the redid it a couple of years ago.
Sosua Beach looks nothing like Boca Chica.
Boca Chica kind of resembles the Port of Newark!

1653660577820.png

1653660647703.png

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 0

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I've only been twice but don't remember seeing anything unsightly. It was the same as Boca Chica used to be before the redid it a couple of years ago.
And the remodeling of Boca Chica turned out very nice.
But if I understand what is going on correctly, the government is making a straight mafia power move on behalf of developer or a small group of developers to make the scene more attractive for expensive condos to be built. Selling out the natural resources of the people of the Dominican Republic for their own purposes. That is why hearing and evaluations are not part of the picture. Because it is tough for me to see how this is in the interest of the Dominican people at large.
The law and order types screaming about enforcement of the law up in here simply want to import the nanny state they emigrated from in order to latch on the teat of government and feel comfortable again. Ultimately this is going to destroy the unique ambiance and frontier nature of the Dominican Republic that initially attracted me to the place.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
But if I understand what is going on correctly, the government is making a straight mafia power move on behalf of developer or a small group of developers to make the scene more attractive for expensive condos to be built.

So no, you don't understand correctly what is going on. The condos, when built, will be on private property, built with private funding .
How is that a Mafia Power Move?

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
So no, you don't understand correctly what is going on. The condos, when built, will be on private property, built with private funding .
How is that a Mafia Power Move?
Ok, if it so simple, then tell me what is the big deal requiring DR1 topic and 32+ pages of commentary. You over simplify sir and insult me in the process.
Am I allowed to have my opinion, even if you consider it misinformed?

Reactions: Tamborista

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
The shacks are not 'unsightly' just in the eyes of those posting here in DR1.
Have any of the haters posted up in here actually been to Sosua Beach lately?

I was there in April. The only unsightly things are the vacant/abandoned places and El Gordo on the Charamicos side in his usual perch. Can't believe he survived the pandemic, but good for him.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Ok, if it so simple, then tell me what is the big deal requiring DR1 topic and 32+ pages of commentary. You over simplify sir and insult me in the process.

I don't see where I insulted you, but please accept my apology. Is calling other posters Haters an insult?

I'm not over simplifying anything, but it's just that simple. It's about private property rights. The beach vendors don't own the land they built on. Nobody is vilifying them, but they don't have a lot of rights in this case except to be treated decently.

North America is going into a what may be a nasty recession, this whole thing may get delayed again anyways.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Sosua Beach looks nothing like Boca Chica.
Boca Chica kind of resembles the Port of Newark!

View attachment 5694
View attachment 5696
LMAO at the Port of Newark Comment .. That is not exactly FAIR .. lol
You need to look pretty FAR to your Right to even see that Port outside of Boca Chica Beach , and that Sosua Beach Picture is absolutely Spectacular ..
So the Comparison is kind of Skewed .. lol
Boca Chica, IMO is excellent for kids , because you can wade out like 100 Yards ,and then you can snorkel those Rocks . so not exactly a good comparison.
but funny.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
LMAO at the Port of Newark Comment .. That is not exactly FAIR .. lol
You need to look pretty FAR to your Right to even see that Port outside of Boca Chica Beach , and that Sosua Beach Picture is absolutely Spectacular ..
So the Comparison is kind of Skewed .. lol
Boca Chica, IMO is excellent for kids , because you can wade out like 100 Yards ,and then you can snorkel those Rocks . so not exactly a good comparison.
but funny.
You find my post funny, funny how, funny like a clown?
Do I make you laugh?

habi

Oct 17, 2015
BTW....
According to the Vendor Association they have a agreement with the government that no plazas will be builded and the vendors will keep their shops all the way from Charamicos to El Batey.
Rumor? Maybe but they actually where driving around this afternoon with a car with speakers and did announce it throughout Sosua (they even did drive around in Los Castillos)... Also in the message was that they will start a census next Tuesday... not mentioning the purpose for that...

• Wow
Reactions: windeguy

Billp16

Jul 20, 2018
BTW....
According to the Vendor Association they have a agreement with the government that no plazas will be builded and the vendors will keep their shops all the way from Charamicos to El Batey.
Rumor? Maybe but they actually where driving around this afternoon with a car with speakers and did announce it throughout Sosua (they even did drive around in Los Castillos)... Also in the message was that they will start a census next Tuesday... not mentioning the purpose for that...
And Manuel's Hole will be the official name of the dive site! Which is fine for me ............. and a number of others.

• Haha
Reactions: habi

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The big problem is getting rid of all the squatters on the private land. All of those business except for the ones that might be on the land on either end of the beach that was donated recently by the land owner to the government for the new plazas.

That is the big deal that has taken years to happen. Understand?

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Sosua beach has nasty little things that stick in your feet..... nighttime in Sosua is the same as hunts point aka whore strol back in the 90's

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Well, then if they were driving around with speakers saying everyone stays as is, then it is settled. :cool:

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Can't compare Sosua to H.P., not even close, but let's no go off topic. Sosua is Malibu Beach compared to the Hunts Point of the 70s and 80s, and that is not an exaggeration.
I just put that out there to see who the real new yorkers are

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I just put that out there to see who the real new yorkers are
I am really from NY from birth to age 48, but know little of NY City. I hardly ever went there. Never heard of Hunts Point.

So , did the Sosua Beach Unions really get more involvement and now that is settled and they can squat on private land forever?

Status
Not open for further replies.