TV Via Internet

gregvolt

May 15, 2022
new york
I was asked to come to this forum because someone said that many ex-pats are looking for a way to get television from home while living in the DR (or anywhere). If you have a firestick or apple tv or android tv box, I have access to an internet service that can get you all the programming you're missing. you do need a fairly fast/stable internet line though which may prove an obstacle for some depending where you are. Theres a free trial and I can help walk you through the install if you care to try it out. DM me.

Reactions: JD Jones

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I was asked to come to this forum because someone said that many ex-pats are looking for a way to get television from home while living in the DR (or anywhere). If you have a firestick or apple tv or android tv box, I have access to an internet service that can get you all the programming you're missing. you do need a fairly fast/stable internet line though which may prove an obstacle for some depending where you are. There's a free trial and I can help walk you through the install if you care to try it out. DM me.

This has to be one of the best streaming options out there.

I am not a sports guy, but if you are, this guy has more channels of every sport imaginable than any other service I've seen.

The regular television package has Canadian advertising, and you can watch major networks from any large city of your choice.

gregvolt

May 15, 2022
new york
Amazon has a limited deal on the Fire stick lite for US$19,99 and the Fire stick with the remote that also controls the TV for US$24.99. For those of you who want the best there is the Fire stick 4k max for US$44.99. The Amazon Fire stick can also be purchased locally in DR from a few vendors. Have a look at this listing in corotos for Amazon Fie stick form DR$1900 to DR$3550.
If you already have one you can contact me and I can set you up with a free trial. An actual subscription is $8 a month for the 1st tv and 4 for each additional. You'll need to install a commercially available app on the device to access the streams. The apps are not mine. There are free apps and there are paid apps. the app in the picture in my post above is a paid app.. very professional layout and lots of features for searching through my streams and navigating your way around 9k plus channels. The free apps will get you all the same content i offer, but not quite as well arranged.

gregvolt

May 15, 2022
new york
Does the service allow for scheduling and recording of shows for later watching (ala DVR capabilities)?
If you have an Android box you can record. Firesticks do not have much memory for recording. To be honest though, all the popular shows that you may want to record are typically added to the series on demand section shortly after airing and you can watch them at any time. most movies are in the movies on demand section (30k+ movies there) you might only use recording for sporting events.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I was asked to come to this forum because someone said that many ex-pats are looking for a way to get television from home while living in the DR (or anywhere). If you have a firestick or apple tv or android tv box, I have access to an internet service that can get you all the programming you're missing. you do need a fairly fast/stable internet line though which may prove an obstacle for some depending where you are. Theres a free trial and I can help walk you through the install if you care to try it out. DM me.
Does the service work with iPTV devices like a MAG254 or an equivalent iPTV app on a smart TV?

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Does your programming service include live tv such as ABC, CBS, NBC, CBC, CTV and all the other big networks?

gregvolt

May 15, 2022
new york
If ever you're looking for channels, here they are: https://github.com/iptv-restream/iptv-channels
checked it out.. looks good.. except that my channels all play when you click them. oh.. and mine are in english (or separately arranged in foreign languages if the people want tv in those languages included), oh, and mine are all in high def. oh, and mine can be played right on your tv without having to download 27 different files depending on what genre of show you want to watch and uploading an m3u list into some sort of software that will work on your device and trying to figure out how to get that to your actual tv. oh yeah, and mine has about 7000 US streams, not 376. Oh and with mine, you turn it on like you turn on your cable box, and you just watch.

Do you really think most people want to go through all that every time they turn on their tv to watch half the channels in low def? I'm pretty sure most people who have moved to the DR to live are established enough where they can afford to splurge for 8 dollars a month for the convenience of just being able to turn something on and watch whatever they want. In fact, i would say the reason internet tv isnt as popular as it should be by now is exactly because of what someone would have to go through to get the links that you sent to play. Thats why most people dont even leave their cable companies and are still willing to pay exorbitant prices, they just want something that they turn on and it works. With mine, you turn mine on, and it works.

Reactions: Seamonkey

gjsuk

Apr 7, 2003
Sorry, I'm in new York. This service doesn't require a physical installation. I'm pretty sure I can guide you through the setup if you have a firestick or other streaming device. (Not a Roku though)
This doesn't work on Roku??

gregvolt

May 15, 2022
new york
This doesn't work on Roku??
No, unfortunately roku has its own operating system and they do not make it available for programmers to make apps that you would need to use the streams. Androids and even apple are open source programimng and have developer kits so programmers are able to create software to go on those devices. Roku wants to force you to buy your programming through them. Even firesticks were slightly tricky because amazon also wants you to buy your programming through them but since firesticks are android based, people have easily found ways to defeat that and we can easily get software onto the sticks

gregvolt

May 15, 2022
new york
Yes it has all the ABC NBC CBS FOX PBS from all over the US.. hundreds of each abc miami, tampa, new york pittsburg allentown salt lake city.. etc etc etc
Just went back and checked for the other 2, yes theres a bunch of CBC and CTV in the canada section which i typically include. i include US Canada and UK. other countries are also available but i know most people wont be watching mongolia or kazakstan (but its available if you want it)

gregvolt

May 15, 2022
new york
Does the service work with iPTV devices like a MAG254 or an equivalent iPTV app on a smart TV?
mag 254 are not recommended simply because the sheer amount of channels I have overwhelms the box. maybe if you have a super mag254, you can get it going. i can offer a free trial and you can test if yours works or not. if you have a smart tv and can get an app like iptv smarters onto it via its app store that will work nicely.. maybe other apps will work also. search for iptv in the app stores of your tv. we can go from there by you maybe sending me a screenshot of whatever app is there. iptv smarters i know is available on some smart tv stores.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I recently signed up for Greg's service and I can say I am very happy and did install it on a Firestick. Very good price point. Installation takes a little work but it's only difficult for the easily-befuddled ( I am on the margin)
We all wish the Firestick had more memory.
But the quality of broadcast is good, and there is more than enough for anyone and it includes many Latin Channels (but not all HD) so the GF can entertain herself with novelas in the bedroom, while you watch College Football or the UFC in the other room with beer, chips and your buddies - or you can watch you ever-shrinking portfolio on Fox Business with Stuart Varney & Charles Payne

gregvolt

May 15, 2022
new york
I recently signed up for Greg's service and I can say I am very happy and did install it on a Firestick. Very good price point. Installation takes a little work but it's only difficult for the easily-befuddled ( I am on the margin)
We all wish the Firestick had more memory.
But the quality of broadcast is good, and there is more than enough for anyone and it includes many Latin Channels (but not all HD) so the GF can entertain herself with novelas in the bedroom, while you watch College Football or the UFC in the other room with beer, chips and your buddies - or you can watch you ever-shrinking portfolio on Fox Business with Stuart Varney & Charles Payne
The latin channels may not be in HD depending on the country/feed they are coming from. if that countries cable system is only broadcasting in standard def, then thats the best thats available.