Best options for purchasing a vehicle (used and new)

AlaPlaya

Frequent Flyer
Jan 7, 2021
Texas
You're in luck, I'm selling my truck. It's not aa comfortable s a HiLux, but it's a strong 4 x4 turbo diesel with a German chip for power and economy. Four Hella driving lights, Yokohama Geolander AT tires with 80% or 90% of the tread. This is in no way a lux vehicle--it's a working man's truck and has been exceedingly well-maintained since I bought it new in 2012. Vehicles are expensive here; this one is too. $1,250,000 dop
Hello, I sent you a message about this truck. Would love to see pictures if you have them.

Memo

Jul 30, 2005
Las Galeras
www.elotrowa.com
I am scoping for the fall as I am currently building my house. But I would be interested when it gets closer to that time, if you have babied it like you claim and it's diesel ( I hope it's manual ) and has that amount of KM on it for a diesel that's very low mileage for that... I'm not worried about the cosmetic scratches here and there; I want a truck I can trust and have for a very long time. You say garage; do you have a shop with other vehicles for sale potentially or you're referring to w/e you're storing the vehicle?

i'm assuming it's a frontier ?

Yeah it's expensive but so are seized engines with a fancy body held together by smiling faces and the word amigo to finish sentences off.
I've always intended to make this the only vehicle I'd ever need in the RD, and so it's in good shape. It's dusty and stored (but waxes under the patina of dust. ;-) Yup; it's the NP300 and the owner's manual identifies it as a Frontier.

Memo

Jul 30, 2005
Las Galeras
www.elotrowa.com
That’s very good for 10yrs
Excelente

And a good brand
You should do well with it

Have you spoken to Gorgon, Mike Logan?
He might have buyer
Not sure how I might find Gorgon, but I'll poke around a bit. Thanks, William. BTW, do you know anything about the daily news summary ceasing delivery all together? I've reported it centrally several times, to no productive effect.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Not sure how I might find Gorgon, but I'll poke around a bit. Thanks, William. BTW, do you know anything about the daily news summary ceasing delivery all together? I've reported it centrally several times, to no productive effect.
Resubscribe? Check your spam folder.

SNH

Jul 24, 2010
There is no leasing. This is not usa. No financing either for 99.9 % of foreigners.

Some of the small independent dealers on the side of the road. You usually need 25%-50% down. And you do not get 5 years, maybe 2-3 max. But those cars have all kinds of scams or problems.

You will need cash.

Dominicans are working on completely different set of rules. The have their own credit system like equifax etc here. USA credit scores, ratings etc mean ZERO outside of usa. Yes they have and will have nicer cars than the foreigners.

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Does anyone have a number for Mike Logan ( GORGON ) ........I will be visiting Santo Domingo the 23RD August and will be looking to update my car

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Does anyone have a number for Mike Logan ( GORGON ) ........I will be visiting Santo Domingo the 23RD August and will be looking to update my car
William Webster sent it to me, he may have already replied to you. I’ll PM it.

Talk about throwing the baby out with the bath water.

nothing to ad

Jan 10, 2022
puerto plata
Funny thing I have observed... Knowing approximately the prices of real estate in different parts of POP, the vehicles in the poorer parts are usually those recently imported and thus more expensive CRVs you name it whereas many times (not always) in residendial areas the vehicles are much more "humble" in a way... Our neighbors, who are expats and entrepreneurs, drive with a smaller end Ford/VW/Kia, for example... Then again, they are expats so exactly what you posted regarding cultural differences...

Then again, back when we lived in a barrio, I witnessed people living in very poor conditions to drive new CRVs etc without any plates... Then the cars disappeared...
many peoplelive in the barrio the cars may not be theirs some are family living out of the dom rep and buy the car for when they are here and then the family uese the car and other ones are bought by the boyfriends or girlfriend ofthe dominicans so chapy sangy haha