E-Ticket (Can't enter the DR without this)

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Doing some catching up after a week in the USA. Apologize if I posted this before. Here are my very recent experiences as of yesterday:

When flying to the US, they refused my departure E-Ticket. Why? I used my newly gained Dominican passport and it did not have a Visa in it for the USA. This despite being a dual USA/DR citizen with my USA passport. Duh.. So beware of that "rule" if you try to do the same. I was directed to do another E-Ticket for leaving the DR with my USA passport number and I could depart. The new E-Ticket was in Migracion's passport control system system immediately.

(Yes I realize that when I enter the USA , I ALWAYS have to use my USA passport, but this was about departing from the DR. )

On the way back into the DR I had no problem using my DR passport on the E-Ticket to enter the DR.
But, at POP on arrival when leaving with my bags, , they scanned my E-Ticket QR code, so they need more work on already having that in their system.
It was also silly and reduncant place to do it since I was already through immigration and had my bags.

It was reported on anther forum that British Airways was still handing out obsolete and now useless paper forms. What's up with the Brit airline and it's ignorance of reality?

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
But, at POP on arrival when leaving with my bags, , they scanned my E-Ticket QR code, so they need more work on already having that in their system.
It was also silly and reduncant place to do it since I was already through immigration and had my bags.
I believe that scan was for "Customs".

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I wish my trip this week on nobody..... AWFUL!!

Schedule was POP-EWR-YYZ....r/t

Arrival in EWR just fine except the midwest weather was playing havoc with flights...
flight westward were not allowed out - one of which blocked our gate for an hour....... 5pm-6

Meanwhile, my 7;40 connection was canceled - replaced with a 6:30 one.
The 6:30 was pushed back to 7:40..... then 8:45pm

As I'm waiting,,,, the line for UAL customer service is over 100yda long - and growing
Cancellations//delays galore

Finally, after 8pm - my flt is canceled..... no Toronto leg.
All friday flts are full
No Immunotherapy for me

By now, the airport hotels are booked ----
like Joseph & Mary , no room at the inn !

I avoided the Service line by using the app QR to hook-up directly
Changed my Sat am return to Friday.... and slept (sort of) in the airport.

I must have slept a bit, b/c I missed the hand out of sleeping cots
UAL Club lounge opened at 5am.... I got the 'door basher' special !

At 2 &3am people were still haggling to get out or on a plane.
Gets confusing.... at 2am the agent talks about flight for tomorrow...... tomorrow at 2am Fri means Saturday

People lost a whole day

I was gone Fri @ 8:30......

But I will need that appt next week..... wish me luck !

16K Flights cancelled or delayed due to weather. Gotta be watching the news, big guy!

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
I wish my trip this week on nobody..... AWFUL!!

Schedule was POP-EWR-YYZ....r/t

Arrival in EWR just fine except the midwest weather was playing havoc with flights...
flight westward were not allowed out - one of which blocked our gate for an hour....... 5pm-6

Meanwhile, my 7;40 connection was canceled - replaced with a 6:30 one.
The 6:30 was pushed back to 7:40..... then 8:45pm

As I'm waiting,,,, the line for UAL customer service is over 100yda long - and growing
Cancellations//delays galore

Finally, after 8pm - my flt is canceled..... no Toronto leg.
All friday flts are full
No Immunotherapy for me

By now, the airport hotels are booked ----
like Joseph & Mary , no room at the inn !

I avoided the Service line by using the app QR to hook-up directly
Changed my Sat am return to Friday.... and slept (sort of) in the airport.

I must have slept a bit, b/c I missed the hand out of sleeping cots
UAL Club lounge opened at 5am.... I got the 'door basher' special !

At 2 &3am people were still haggling to get out or on a plane.
Gets confusing.... at 2am the agent talks about flight for tomorrow...... tomorrow at 2am Fri means Saturday

People lost a whole day

I was gone Fri @ 8:30......

But I will need that appt next week..... wish me luck !
Had almost the same experience a couple of years ago - weather cancelled the evening Newark to Toronto flight. Got booked on Air Canada for 6am the next day. I decided to stay in the airport and tough it out overnight. Big mistake. Once all the concessions shut down and the thousands of people were mostly gone - the temperature dropped big time. It was FREEZING cold trying to nap on a steel bench ! !

Never again😢

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Had almost the same experience a couple of years ago - weather cancelled the evening Newark to Toronto flight. Got booked on Air Canada for 6am the next day. I decided to stay in the airport and tough it out overnight. Big mistake. Once all the concessions shut down and the thousands of people were mostly gone - the temperature dropped big time. It was FREEZING cold trying to nap on a steel bench ! !

Never again😢
Amazing how quickly the airline confidence levels below acceptable.... in situations like this !!

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
When staff shortages occur, people can do 1 of 2 things. It's a choice between being a team player or the everyone for themselves option.

Witness an incident in YYZ where there was nobody around to wave us into a gate just after a plane left the same gate. I am not an expert on airport operations but empty gates would seem to be a bad thing.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Agreed , weather was an excuse. Lack of personnel is probably the real reason.
Lack of personnel - because they fired hundreds of people that wouldn't take the Pfizer poison.
But the US Transportation secretary says now they can force the airlines to hire people ?

You can not invent a more inept group of clowns unless you hired Barney Fife to run things.

Reactions: bob saunders

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Airlines are waiting for the problem to fix itself after the summer surge is over, coupled with the impending recession. Problem solved.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Airlines are waiting for the problem to fix itself after the summer surge is over, coupled with the impending recession. Problem solved.
Inflation and recession coupled with higher fuel costs and raised gate fees will snuff travel by Sept.
Back to Zoom

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
what happens when you get to the airport without the e ticket completed?? I have spent the last hour filling it out and filling it out multiple times and keeps going back to the birth date and other dates ...I give up. leaving tommorow