Sosua Beach Unions Want More Involvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
@Northern Coast Diver
I'm surprised to see a comment that like coming from you.
Military flying a dangerous occupation.
The Super Tucano is a light attack aircraft. It is not designed for air to air combat.
The Super Tucanos patrol the Dominican border and counter narcotics trafficing.
One went down in the mountains resulting in the loss of one life and injury to the other member of the flight crew.
So they are used for more than just ceremonial purposes.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
way cool. Did they scurry the chicas away as well ?
Do chicas pose a greater security threat than any other member of the general public?
It is a public beach after all.
Even @windeguy agrees with me on that point.
You tell me, you are the expert on all things D.R "real estate, police, financials etc"
You asked the question.
If you don't have an answer for me that is fine.
But you seemed to have a concern.
I was just wondering why...

I am an expert in Bourbon that is available in the Santo Domingo/Santo Domingo esta area.
I am flattered by your opinion that I am I expert in all things D.R.
But I suspect you are engaging in what you are an expert in: sarcasm.
And you seem to be an expert observer of chicas and commenting about them.

@northen coast diver how is the celebration going?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Good afternoon.
This article says the beach is going to be "recovered" and all of the vendors are to be "relocated". However it does not say when or where.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
FULL ARTICLE BELOW:
(second half of article is in Spaniah so I used Google Translate)

SEARCH
Toggle navigation
NORTH COAST June 25, 2022
Tourism begins renovation of Sosúa beach
facebook sharing buttontwitter sharing buttonlinkedin sharing buttonemail sharing buttonwhatsapp sharing button.

President Luis Abinader and the Minister of Tourism, David Collado, started rearranging Sosúa beach with an investment of 600 million pesos. The work carried out through the Executing Committee for Infrastructure in Tourist Zones (CEIZTUR) of MITUR will positively impact commercial activity, contribute to the excellent handling and management of the beach, and encourage investment in that destination.

This project will cover the recovery of the beach, fitting out restrooms, and organizing the vendors who make life in this area. It will also include the reordering of traffic, parking, and improvement of access to beaches, installation of security cameras, and regularization
of entertainment centers.

A Project Management and Sustainability Unit will also be created to guarantee its permanence over time. Minister Collado indicated that the government, through the Ministry of Tourism, will carry out training and education for vendors, as well as financing
for their businesses.

"Today we are here, accompanied by President Luis Rodolfo Abinader, fulfilling our promise to start a project that will rescue this beach and, more than anything, will have a direct impact on its people, because for us tourism has a human face," said Minister Collado.

The project will include protection programs for children and adolescents in vulnerable conditions to protect minors in this tourist area of the country. This plan has been socialized with the local authorities and all the actors that are part of the area.

It will improve the conditions of all, relocating them to places that will be built in a dignified way where they can carry out their commercial tasks safely, as well as for the tourists who visit the bride of the Atlantic.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Good afternoon.
This article says the beach is going to be "recovered" and all of the vendors are to be "relocated". However it does not say when or where.
How about down to the end of Pedro Clisante with the girls? They could save the city twice.
About the only thing public here is the ceremony.
Exactly what is planned seems to be a big secret, wonder why that is.
What's that newer word in politics, ah, transparency, here it's DR style, opacity.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
What does "recovery of the beach" mean? I guess that's a euphemism for bulldozing down all the casitas(?).
That's my take. Signature Spanish phrases designed to spin. "Organize" the vendors, that's perfect also. The best is this one: "...relocating them to places that will be built in a dignified way where they can carry out their commercial tasks safely..." Read as: far away from our nice new project. "Dignified" like UNICEF building shelters for orphaned Biafra children.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
That's my take. Signature Spanish phrases designed to spin. "Organize" the vendors, that's perfect also. The best is this one: "...relocating them to places that will be built in a dignified way where they can carry out their commercial tasks safely..." Read as: far away from our nice new project. "Dignified" like UNICEF building shelters for orphaned Biafra children.
Yep. So far, nothing but vague, very carefully worded press releases.

Reactions: CristoRey

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
I checked a lot, not all of the posts, only found links to Dominican today, Puerto Plata digital and Sosua news. Is there a National news source, these others I don’t rely on. (Don’t like to search in Spanish on my phone, it changes it a bit)

Status
Not open for further replies.