Clothes Pins

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I have never seen such a poor quality of anything as the clothes pins sold in DR.
I got a batch which completely fall apart after trying to open them.
Useless.
And one more example of shameful Chinese fabrication.
Is there somewhere decent ones are sold?
No Chinese tiendas

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I have never seen such a poor quality of anything as the clothes pins sold in DR.
I got a batch which completely fall apart after trying to open them.
Useless.
And one more example of shameful Chinese fabrication.
Is there somewhere decent ones are sold?
No Chinese tiendas
What type?
I agree that the plastic ones are of bad quality.
I only buy the ones made out of wood now.
No more problems.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Very Sparse threads to Comment on these days ... everything is closed .
not disparaging against your fine thread here CB..

but that Sosua Construction thread is/ was kind of important ..

Its kind of hard to commend this Site ,when everything is getting locked up faster than a Basketball player with Illegal Hash Oil in Russia ..

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003

Its kind of hard to commend this Site ,when everything is getting locked up faster than a Basketball player with Illegal Hash Oil in Russia ..
It woudn't take much here on DR1 to beat this thread to death until the next Covid epidemic arrives.Don't fret there's always some action here.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

Feel free to comment as much as you like, as long as it's not off topic and doesn't criticize the mods for doing their job.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
What type?
No more problems.

Yeah a lot of us were (are) seriously worried so any subject that gets popular seems to receive the AX.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
What type?
No more problems.
The wood are even worse - weak springs that fall off immediately.
Good ones on Amazon are $2.20 each

Reactions: PJT

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Feel free to comment as much as you like, as long as it's not off topic and doesn't criticize the mods for doing their job.

With all due respect Sir ..
the Point of my comment is once the thread is Locked ,, its done , unless the powers that be Re Open it .
and some of them were very important ..
closing the thread and leaving it closed says " the comments are all shit ,, over and out , try again"..

Not many people are complaining about deleted posts .. but locked threads , makes people move to other things .

i have ZERO emotion on this , this is totally Logical

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Try to find vintage ones on eBay, a lot of them were made in Maine. Search for Penleys, not cheap but they’ll last forever.

We have an old fashioned double pulley clothesline like my mother had when I was a kid, off the back of our house, attached to a tree about 50-60’ back. The wind whips the clothes, so I need good strong pins.

I have a friend who does house cleanouts, and he knows to save me all the old clothespins he finds. They go into the tanques we ship, I share them with our campo neighbors. All they can buy locally are the cheap plastic ones that the sun rots very quickly.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
We have an old fashioned double pulley clothesline like my mother had when I was a kid, off the back of our house, attached to a tree about 50-60’ back. The wind whips the clothes, so I need good strong pins.
Yes, strong clothes pins makes operation of your solar dryer much more efficient.
You don't have to worry about your clothes hitting the ground and having to wash them all over again.
Sunlight is a renewable source of energy that can be used to dry clothes when ever it is shining.
I suppose that would make it environmentally friendly (but I'm not an expert).

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
The wood are even worse - weak springs that fall off immediately.
Good ones on Amazon are $2.20 each
Good wooden ones are sold on Amazon. US$ 7 for a pack of 50. Plastic pins no matter where made or bought break down in the sunlight. Wooden pins will last much longer if after use are not left on line.

Regards,

PJT

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Good wooden ones are sold on Amazon. US$ 7 for a pack of 50.
But you must also factor the shipping and sales tax into the price of the Amazon order.
Plastic pins no matter where made or bought break down in the sunlight. Wooden pins will last much longer if after use are not left on line.
Exactly, I take mine down off of my solar clothes dryer after my clothes are dry.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Yes, strong clothes pins makes operation of your solar dryer much more efficient.
You don't have to worry about your clothes hitting the ground and having to wash them all over again.
Sunlight is a renewable source of energy that can be used to dry clothes when ever it is shining.
I suppose that would make it environmentally friendly (but I'm not an expert).
Yeah, well after owning the house for over 30 years, we bought a GE propane dryer that’ll be shipped down soon. Not green, but will be great to have when there’s a rainy stretch.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Yeah, well after owning the house for over 30 years, we bought a GE propane dryer that’ll be shipped down soon. Not green, but will be great to have when there’s a rainy stretch.
I prefer gas over electric.
And no one should go "green" on an individual basis without it working for them.
I happen to think it is easier dry your clothes in a gas dryer.
But after using my solar dryer I think it is easier on my clothes and they smell better.
But nothing beats the speed of a gas dryer or that fact that it is an all weather machine.

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Karma, it's worth waiting for ;)
Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
The only issue I have with hanging clothes is when it rains. Hurricane/rainy season seems to last forever in some locales LOL

As far as closing threads goes, what else are the mods supposed to do? Generally buy the time the threads are closed any points have long been made and if one messages a mod privately if and when they have more to add they have been reopened. The ones complaining the most seem to be the ones causing the issues ;)

If people would quit attacking others, Gangham style

That is to say personal, "ad hominem" style, and getting into these ridiculously long semantic "arguments" and pointless name-calling, we could have proper discussions. Of course, those that think they're actually going to convince others to change their minds are another issue as is the constant, punitive, mind-numbing repetition from some. You know who they are...

I have zero issue with how the mods are handling the threads and for those that disagree then quit the personal attacks and bickering...because if you attack someone many feel that they have no choice but to defend themselves...and then threads get closed.

Then there's the thread jacking. Quit going off on tangents and trying to take over threads. If we're talking about water purification and you want to discuss why it's so hard to grow marigolds then start ya own damn thread! LOL :p

How did we get from close pins to whining about thread closures in the same thread??? That's most of the issue right there ;)

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Karma, it's worth waiting for ;)
Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
Try to find vintage ones on eBay, a lot of them were made in Maine. Search for Penleys, not cheap but they’ll last forever.

I have a friend who does house cleanouts, and he knows to save me all the old clothespins he finds. They go into the tanques we ship, I share them with our campo neighbors. All they can buy locally are the cheap plastic ones that the sun rots very quickly.
Thee's really not much better the smell and feel of clothes line dried clothes still warm from the sun :love:

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas