EDEESTE Santo Domingo Este: Electricity Outage & Restoration Announcements.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
No outage around my way in SDE but I don't get many outages. When I do get one it's typically under an hour with a rare few hours in a month if that. I'm on a type A (24 hours) circuit so my service is quite good. I was switched form type C (16 hours or less) to type A about 6 years ago and it's been pure joy but I still keep my inverter on standby and generator ready to go in case of an unfortunate event.

You can get all the info you might want on your circuit form CDEEE with your circuit locator. The data lags a few months but schedule outages is always current. Below is the most recent data for my circuit. The Clasificación is important and indicates how many hours of service you can expect daily from your circuit. Another interesting statistic is % Nivel Pérdida. This is the total lost from theft and distribution. Looking at % Nivel Cobranza it is easy to see that most of the % Nivel Pérdida is due to distribution loss an not service theft with such high rate of customer payment. This is a good indicator of the circuit's rate/quality. Circuit that have high losses due to theft, distribution and non-payment are usually type C or D or if possible downgraded to a low type.
1657574241026.png

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
@NotLurking
Thank you for your post and information.
Immediately looked up my circuit on my electric bill and punched it into the site.

After reviewing the information on my circuit...
Either the numbers are lies and or my perception of the service I receive in the place I receive it is straight wack.

Don't think I'm wack...
My actual personal experience does not align with the numbers posted on the site.
Yes, type A
Given the number times my inverter kicks in I would give EdeEste a rating of C-

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
@NotLurking
Thank you for your post and information.
Immediately looked up my circuit on my electric bill and punched it into the site.

After reviewing the information on my circuit...
Either the numbers are lies and or my perception of the service I receive in the place I receive it is straight wack.

Don't think I'm wack...
My actual personal experience does not align with the numbers posted on the site.
Yes, type A
Given the number times my inverter kicks in I would give EdeEste a rating of C-
Interesting, thanks for sharing. I've not use this site in a long time maybe about two years. I learned of this site back when my circuit was type C and I was getting daily 5 to 9 hours outages and It was quite accurate back then. I suppose the data now could be junk but the data for my circuit reflects closely my reality. Hopefully more users will chime in and we can make a good assessment of the usefulness of the site. Maybe the data for your circuit is junk? Lets wait maybe others will help us determine how good or trash the site is.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Would you consider that a bare minimum?
Yes, I built up to that level but at this point I would consider to be bare minimum.
What would make you take the next step and double the batteries?
Hitting the lottery or a loan from you my man. 🤑

But in all seriousness I would not goto four batteries. When I have to go onto inverter I start rationing. Fan, light, TV, internet. That is it. I have roof top terrace now. I would get one of those small generators that cost about 10,000 DOP at PriceSmart and use that as my back up. I could get about 8 hours of continuous running on a generator tank fill up.

Now, I have another application at my "casa de campo" where I will eventually wind up with an eight battery set up. But I'll also be running Solar and wind. And I have not decided if I want to hook up to the grid yet.