BA.5 Doesn't Care That You Had Covid-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003

New vaccines are not going to be the answer with all the variants that can even evade recent infections.
And sir, you make this bold statement of fact based on some insider information you have? Or, by some other ways and means that we the members are not aware of in your background. I noticed that you did not say "IMO". Why's that?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
And sir, you make this bold statement of fact based on some insider information you have? Or, by some other ways and means that we the members are not aware of in your background. I noticed that you did not say "IMO". Why's that?
Because I didn't say it was my opinion.

My observations have shown me that vaccines that don't kill viruses allow them to mutate and become more infectious.

My observations have shown me that all the current vaccines have not been effective for any great length of time. Once again allowing variants to develop and spread.

My observations have shown me there is no vaccine that will handle all of the variants, of which there are a large list already and growing.

All three of the above observations I will submit as facts in that no one "vaccination" for a Coronavirus will ever control all the variants of CV19. Hence it will be here, there and everywhere to stay. Even Dr Fauci has mentioned that CV19 is not going to be eliminated.

Do you want more vaccinations? Feel free to get them. And lest we ignore the new discussion an a possibility of new Nasal Vaccines:

But as the pandemic continues, it’s clear that the existing vaccines do little to protect against infection, particularly from omicron and its family of immune-evading subvariants. The shots and boosters from Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna continue to hold up against hospitalization and death, but blocking infection entirely could prevent even mild illnesses. It could also curb transmission of the virus and prevent other serious issues, such as long Covid.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Back at the down of CV19 a few months after it escaped Wuhan labs, I posited that with it being so contagious that is was likely to kill 1 out of 200 people infected or 0.5%. I think my estimates were very conservative back then when I used 10 times more infections than were officially being counted.

Note that the number of infected used by the statisticians is official cases, if cannot be anything else unless we are using estimated cases.
It is without any doubt that there are FAR more cases of
CV19 than the official cases. Yet now, If we just use the official cases as of today

6,392,606 official deaths
570,188,694 official cases

Percentage of deaths: 6,392,606/570,188,694 x100 = 1.12 percent

I propose it is a fact that the number of infections is far higher than 570 million and the actual death rate far lower than even 0.5% now that we have so many years of data and experience with how contagious it has become. Death rates from all infections are probably in the 0.1% range.

Is it worth creating new ways of preventing CV19 and all the variants from sickening or killing people? Of course it is.
A vaccine per variant, let's say? Go for it. Why not?
There is still a ton of money left in that. In the unlikely event a new variant is more deadly, the sky is the limit.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
And did you miss the salient point of the article I posted about how the virus evolved to avoid immunity?
That is pure fact.

(I don't like the word immunity, since with a coronavirus and vaccines that reduce symptoms, that word is misleading.
There was never going to be such a thing a herd immunity. That is something I also posted as fact when this all started. )

Status
Not open for further replies.