Netflix adds “extra home” fee, will block usage in other homes if you don’t pay DR Has It

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
They just stopped it in the US. My friend had a B&B and gave the password to clients. Has to do with the IP address.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I happen to know this is rampant in the Dominican Republic (by observation).
Sharing of an account password.
Because you can set up 5 different profiles.
And the profiles are used specifically for different households.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I happen to know this is rampant in the Dominican Republic (by observation).
Sharing of an account password.
Because you can set up 5 different profiles.
And the profiles are used specifically for different households.
But you pay extra for extra profiles, instead of just one.
Netflix is doing everything to irritate its customers
But #1 - there crappy content is the real reason
At least they didn't buckle and remove Dave Chappelle

Feb 7, 2007
There is an app that was recommended to me, called Magis TV, costs 9 dollars per month for 3 users, and has all the Netflix content plus more.

Reactions: Radical

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
While Dominican movie theaters are not exactly cutting edge, they do try to show the newest films out there.

Having said that, Flixor consistently has new movies before they do, and without the screaming kids and other folks checking their cel phones every 5 minutes.

My 10' home theater with headphones is infinitely better.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
What gets me is how on many of these streaming services you can see a movie that hasn't been released to theaters yet.

You can tell by the sound and picture quality that they were recorded in a theater somewhere, but not in the U.S.

"Thor" and "Elvis" are current examples. What's available right now is not HD, and you can see people standing up and walking in front of the screen.

BTW, .to is Tonga.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
What gets me is how on many of these streaming services you can see a movie that hasn't been released to theaters yet.

You can tell by the sound and picture quality that they were recorded in a theater somewhere, but not in the U.S.

"Thor" and "Elvis" are current examples. What's available right now is not HD, and you can see people standing up and walking in front of the screen.

BTW, .to is Tonga.
These are called HD Cams, not worth watching. Ruins the movie completely. Read Post #7. All this comes from there. Just stay away from Cams..............

Reactions: JD Jones

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
These are called HD Cams, not worth watching. Ruins the movie completely. Read Post #7. All this comes from there. Just stay away from Cams..............
I understand that.

My point is this; if a motion picture hasn't been released yet in what theater are they being screened in that a person can record it?
Another example: "Never Say Die" had a worldwide release date so supposedly not being shown anywhere before that date, but yet there was a recording of it on a screen somewhere that was available.
Who are these folks who get to see a movie before anyone else and be able to record it?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I understand that.

My point is this; if a motion picture hasn't been released yet in what theater are they being screened in that a person can record it?
Another example: "Never Say Die" had a worldwide release date so supposedly not being shown anywhere before that date, but yet there was a recording of it on a screen somewhere that was available.
Who are these folks who get to see a movie before anyone else and be able to record it?
I just saw a perfect DVD quality of a movie before it was released. It just came out, Phantom of the Open. Great movie with a true story for anyone interested in golf. But to answer your question, before many movies are released there are copies given to certain people. An example is any picture looking for an Academy Award nomination gives out copies to the people that are involved with nominations. There are leaks. There are also some even given to critics. ......

Reactions: JD Jones

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
They never had it in US Sailor51. Please try to be accurate.
Well I'm repeating what I was told. My friend had it, used it on his boat and the apt. The boat turned into a B&B and he gave the password to clients, which they could use. Gave it to me and I used it too. I was told it was good for three locations. What can I say?

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas