Problem with Recharge.com for Top-off

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
I have tried many times today to send money from the US to DR.
I enter the phone number 1+829-363-xxxx (which I know is correct because I whatsapp every day) and CLARO.
My GF says that CLARO is her provider.

I keep getting a message that the phone number doesn't match the the provider.

Help me understand this. What could be the problem.

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
Maybe she has a different ph# and uses this one you mention w/you. Streetwise missy. Possible concern.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Just enter the number - 829-363-xxxx. Don't add in the +1. It's already there. You did select the DR as the country, right?

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
I have tried many times today to send money from the US to DR.
I enter the phone number 1+829-363-xxxx (which I know is correct because I whatsapp every day) and CLARO.
My GF says that CLARO is her provider.

I keep getting a message that the phone number doesn't match the the provider.

Help me understand this. What could be the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
Just enter the number - 829-363-xxxx. Don't add in the +1. It's already there. You did select the DR as the country, right?
Yes, the 1 is hard coded... when I enter 829-363-xxxx it doesn't like the format... I have tried using the dashes and it doesn't let it go through. I have also tried without the dashes 829363xxxx and it isn't matching.

Ding went right through with their format. I didn't have to receive a code... It's just that Ding is a bit more expensive

Reactions: JD Jones

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Come on Ken..... tell us how much more expensive!!

Did it break the bank ??

Wait until you start sending $$$$ -- not just phone top-ups !!!

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
When i tried to enter the number as 829-363-xxxx, recharge said in red letters that it doesn't recognize this. It does not like the dashes.
Yet when I enter 829363xxxx it shows that is belongs to Claro. Yet when the system tries to process the top off i get a message that the phone number cannot be matched to the provider.

With Ding it worked fine.
Since I am a retired Analyst I always like to determine what is causing the problem... And I cannot figure this one out.

Anybody help explain this.. I sent a message to support but have not received a reply

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
Recharge is pulling up Claro when I put the number in... And then I select how many DOP I want to purchase with the Claro Logo..
But then the system then gets hung up for about a hour and comes back with a message that the number cannot be matched with the mobile provider.

This makes not sense since it pulled up the CLARO logo when I initially put the number in

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Recharge is pulling up Claro when I put the number in... And then I select how many DOP I want to purchase with the Claro Logo..
But then the system then gets hung up for about a hour and comes back with a message that the number cannot be matched with the mobile provider.

This makes not sense since it pulled up the CLARO logo when I initially put the number in
Just forget about that place and bite the bullet to pay a few pesos more. This is only the beginning..............

Reactions: jd426

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete

That is strange(?). There's only three choices: Altice, Claro, and Viva at the bottom of the home page. Just to see what happens, select Altice and put in the number. Then do the same with Viva. See if you get the same message. If not, you'll know something is wrong somewhere.

Reactions: JD Jones

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
That is strange(?). There's only three choices: Altice, Claro, and Viva at the bottom of the home page. Just to see what happens, select Altice and put in the number. Then do the same with Viva. See if you get the same message. If not, you'll know something is wrong somewhere.
I already used DING with the same number and CLARO and the charge went through with no problems.

Reactions: cavok